[SOLVED] Thermal Paste

Fatblabs

Commendable
Jun 29, 2021
I was looking through the internet to see if I should reuse the thermal paste that was already applied to my cpu (like opening up my cpu cooler then putting the cooler back in without replacing paste)

I still couldn't answer this question:
Yes or no? If yes why? If no, why not and what should I do with the paste If I opened up my cpu cooler?

Solution
I was looking through the internet to see if I should reuse the thermal paste that was already applied to my cpu (like opening up my cpu cooler then putting the cooler back in without replacing paste)

Yes or no? If yes why? If no, why not and what should I do with the paste If I opened up my cpu cooler?
No.
Once the system has been used, and you take the cooler off, you must clean the paste off and apply new.

Trying to reuse WILL result in air bubbles between CPU and cooler.

USAFRet

Titan

No.
Once the system has been used, and you take the cooler off, you must clean the paste off and apply new.

Solution

Fatblabs

Commendable
Jun 29, 2021
No.

What if i Currently don't have thermal paste with me? Would it be ok to game for a couple weeks without paste and without having problems?

Using toothpaste is unimaginable tbh
Actually...it's not a bad thermal conductor and cleans off easily too. But it dries out quickly and even the slightest disturbance will crack and degrade performance.

Keep in mind the makeup and function of thermal interface material: it's just superfine particles to fill the microscopic voids between spreader and heatsink. toothpaste has the particles, just not the grease to suspend them in to keep it pliable with movement.