Question Thermal problem??

Strongwolf2

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2014
Hi. Long time I haven't been here. Here's the situation; overnight my system start reporting over heating numbers (86, 95 and so on). The system has always run between 68 and 72C @ 4.3Ghz using Ryzen Master for OC. I use an Artic Freezer 280 as my thermal solution. The system, although reporting high temps. is not hot to the touch at all.
I read that AMD's driver could unknowingly oc the system but I uninstall the drivers and the problem persists. Haven't re-paste the cpu yet cause I foun strange that it doesn't feel hot.
Temps readings performed by 'coretemp' and 'hardware monitor'.
Any ideas?

Lutfij

Titan
Might want touch the AIO's pump./block as well as the tubes to feel if the fluid within the loop is flowing. I'd also ask you to dismount the radiator from your build and see if you can move the radiator around. Often times an air bubble can and will impede the flow of fluid in your loop due to cavitation.

Can you parse an image of your PC's innards/layout? Some folks have ended up with dead AIO's since their pumps ran dry.

Strongwolf2

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2014
I take out the radiator a little while ago because the pc was making a noise I couldn't identify (it was the gpu). I said 4.3 as the cpu speed but it's actually much lower, like 3.2 (or something.
The AIO block also feels cold to the touch. I'm going to take out the block and repaste the cpu. I'll keep you posted. Thank you for the fast response.

Strongwolf2

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2014
Success... at the second try. I take out the block/pump clean it and reinstall it. Didn't work. Put a washer(artic) on the screws that hold the pump and, voila!
I got my pc back. I don't even going to question why now and not in the past months since I build it, that ok with me.

Strongwolf2

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2014
Hey. I was doing some preventive maintenance on my Artic Liquid Freezer 280 when I misplace the spacers for the cpu mounting kit. Short version; the spacers appears but not before I try to buy a kit from artic. The good people of Artic send me a complete kit, for free and by priority mail. The thing is that if someone need the kit or part of it I'll send it up to that person. No charge.:)

Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech