Thermal Throttle normal CPU temp

Aug 25, 2018
My rig is Intel i5 6600k, MSI z170A m5 MOBO 8GB DDR4 Gtx 1060 6gb GPU Corsair EVO 212 heatsink.

FPS went south during WOW in heavy area 15-20 FPS use to be 60-111 FPS. Now it’s doing it fresh on start up.

Computer is doing this intermittent. CPU passes stress test temp not exceeding 37 C it is thermal throttling and at same time Core Frequenting is dropping from 3.67 GHz to .8 GHz. CPU temp is not high. Have updated all drivers tuned fans to 100% no relief. Not sure if heatsink MOBO or what.
Also verified computer in high performance mode.

Computer is 2.5 years old and I don’t Overclock.

Also I have a huge case 3 fans. Very quiet unit.

Any advice?

37 C is pretty much your body temperature. If that is the highest temperature your CPU reads, I would not trust the number ... that or something else is going on.

What software are you using to monitor temperature? Have you ever booted into BIOS and looked at the temperature there?

Aug 25, 2018

Aug 25, 2018
Intel Exteme tuning is how I realized there was an issue. Noticed that my CPU Utilization and Core frequency were simultaneously acting up. Finally got into my BIOS today verified low temps. I also wasn’t gaming. I’ve not verified the temp until past 24, and when it appeared my decrease in FPS were related to possibly my CPU I’ve hit the research.

Oct 14, 2018

I have the exact same issue, after I repasted my laptop Nitro 5 Core i5 8300H
Sudden drops to 0.8Ghz. Any solutions yet?