Question Thermal throttling problems on MoBo (i think)

Apr 6, 2019
Hello everyone.

I have a FX 8320 and it is thottling a lot in games like BF4.

I have made a thread on it before: Last thread.

Now that i know what the problem is, i have tried cleaning and re aplying my cooler (Hyper 212 EVO) and just trying some settings in my BIOS.

Does anyone have tips to get my MoBo cooler or just avoid the throtling without breaking my PC?

I thought it was my CPU but i got it way cooler and it still throttled. Way less though, but this makes me think my CPU makes my MoBo to hot or something else gets the MoBo hot.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2019
How do you know it is throttling?
What are the CPU temps?
Sometimes there is a temp sensor on the MB.
What does that show?

"I thought it was my CPU but i got it way cooler and it still throttled. "
What were the temps before and what were they after?

Im sorry i had not added the link to the other thread. Now ou can see pictures of it throttling but i have not posted pictures after i got the CPU cooler.
The CPU now does not go higher than 50 C.
I have a Asrock 970 extreme4. It has some kind of number display but im not sure how to make it work.
So my CPU before got above the threshold temp of 62 (up to 64C) and now not above 50.
My HWMonitor says that CPUTIN (socket on the MoBo i guess) will go above 60 still and the AUXTIN (not sure where that measures) will go over 110 C.

"
My HWMonitor says that CPUTIN (socket on the MoBo i guess) will go above 60 still and the AUXTIN (not sure where that measures) will go over 110 C.

"

You need to be careful interpreting these.

I think that AUXTIN isn't connected.

anyway.....you didn't answer my first question.

How do you know it's throttling.

It should not be throttling.