Discussion Thermalright SI-100 results

Mar 16, 2024
I just installed a Ryzen 5 5600 and was really disappointed with the stock cooling. The stock wraith cooler that came with the 1600 seemed to cool that chip well enough, but even after making sure several times the wraith was installed properly it would regularly go above 80 degrees in gaming with the 5600.

I purchased a Thermalright SI-100 for 24 bucks on Amazon and it fits well in my SAMA IM01 PC case with plenty of room to spare.

The results were extremely impressive for such a cheap cooler. Running Cinebench on a loop the CPU is staying around 60c. A full 20c drop in temps under load. At idle I went from around 45c and that dropped to 33c. I am really impressed with this small cheap cooler. You could probably fit this in any mATX case and probably a few of the ITX cases out there as well.

Reactions: zinkles
I just installed a R5 5600 and was really disappointed with the stock cooling. The stock wraith cooler that came with the 1600 seemed to cool that chip well enough, but even after making sure several times the wraith was installed properly it would regularly go above 80 degrees in gaming with the 5600.

I purchased a Thermalright SI-100 for 24 bucks on Amazon and it fits well in my SAMA IM01 with plenty of room to spare.

The results were extremely impressive for such a cheap cooler. Running Cinebench on a loop the CPU is staying around 60c. A full 20c drop in temps under load. At idle I went from around 45c and that dropped to 33c. I am really impressed with this small cheap cooler. You could probably fit this in any mATX case and probably a few of the ITX cases out there as well.
Just about any aftermarket cooler is better than OEMs. AMD didn't have a new cooler since FX series. New Ryzen has tJmax temps between 90 and 95c so they didn't feel any temps lower than those are necessary. That is true until you take noise level in the equation, little 90mm fan becomes a jet engine above 60-70c.

Reactions: 35below0