Question Thermaltake aRGB case built in controller no fan speed control?????

cvora79

Commendable
Dec 7, 2017
stick with 1 thread
Am i idiot or Thermaltake cases with built in aRGB controllers cannot control fan speed, so they spin @ max speed all the time??? I tried Commander c35 and view 31, both with same controller and fans are just colour adjustable and no speed....I thought that fans are meant for cooling no as light torches at full speed !!!! Someone of relevant reviewers should crucify TT cause this flaw !!!!!! They provide 6pin fans with that cannot be pluged in anything other that their controler, wich lack basic funcionality!!!!! NO RPM fan control. So you are stucked with fans@ full speed all the time!!!!!

Sorry for bad english

Last edited:

cvora79

Commendable
Dec 7, 2017
Thermaltake provide very bad fan controller in case, that cannot regulate fan speed just colour. Fans provided in case are 6pin and cannot be pluged in into mobo for speed control, so you are basically stuck with all provided fans at full speed all the time!!!!
I contacted Thermaltake couple of times about this major flaw, and they dont even provide answer to my mails and facebook group message!!!
On their site there is no mention that fan speed is fixed, so they practically scam people and misslead. Only info is max rpm and Db!!!! Like all other fans info it always stated max rpm and max noise level !!!!!

Avoid all Thermaltake aRGB products as plague if you dont want tornado sounding system in your room !!!!!!!

Last edited:

cvora79

Commendable
Dec 7, 2017
I feel need to share info about how bad the new in built aRGB controller in Thermaltake cases is. Their awful controller, provided in case cannot control fan speed, just lightning effects, so you are basically stuck with fans spinning @ full speed all the time, and of course intolerable sounding system. Just imagine 2x200mm fans on 100% plus rear 140mm?!? Or 3x140mm @ 1500 rpm all day long....

Their fans are 6 pin, so it is impossible to plug into anything else but their AWFUL controller. If you are willing to pay 250e for Level 20 case with fans @ 100% speed, just go ahead. Or if you want to spend 50e more on 3 fans aRGB kit with normal controller, again just go ahead!!! 300e sounds not so good, just like 200 for View or Commander series with additional fans.

STAY AWAY FROM THERMALTAKE aRGB CASES!!!!

All other versions with 12v RGB or without are just fine, but avoid aRGB cases from this manufacturer!!!