Review Thermaltake Argent E700 Review: The Most Beautiful Chair…to Look At

Johnpombrio

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2006
I don't know why sticking a great big lump in the middle of your lower back is a "good" thing. Lubar supports, esp the ones that are exaggerated kill my lower back. There are plenty of aftermarket cushions to do the same thing.

FrozenGerbil

Honorable
May 30, 2017
I previously bought this E700: Style and Appearance: 5 stars. Build quality: 5 stars. Long-duration seat comfort: 2 stars. Back support and ergonomics: 0.5 to 1 star. Extremely firm armrest pads that you usually find on $70 office chairs: 0 stars. :-( RMA returned in the end...

The E700 looks better and is built a lot better than Secretlab's 2022 Titan Evo overhyped overpriced crap. But for a similar price range as the E700, Herman Miller has several chairs that would TOTALLY kick the E700's azz for comfort and ergonomics. And the overhyped chairs from Secretlab and Razer could not even enter the boxing ring with those Herman Miller chairs. This E700 would enter the boxing ring but get immediately knocked out by Herman Miller, Steelcase, or Haworth chairs.

The E700's arm pads literally feel like the external vinyl is just wrapped around hard plastic, without any foam or gel cushion underneath, which is inexcusable for a $1200-$1300 chair.

The E700's backrest can lock into reclining angles, which is nice to have. But the main problem with its backrest is that at its most upright position, the backrest still leans back about 6 to 8 degrees as if you are sitting in a dentist chair (dentist chairs also still lean back even in their most upright position). So if you like to sit upright with great vertical posture in the E700, it feels like you are sitting on a bar stool because the entirety of your back never comes into contact with the backrest, so there is no back support and no lumbar support. There is a slight curved contour in the backrest that looks like lumbar support, but it is located too low to fill into any adult's lumbar curve. If you always lean your back into the backrest at its most upright, but still reclined, position, you will destroy your back, spine, and posture due to the E700's very poor ergonomics. The same thing happens in chairs made by Secretlab, Razer, and DXRacer - sitting in all these chairs for 8+ hours every day will destroy your back.

Reactions: Phaaze88

MoxNix

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2014
"Most beautiful chair"?

It's just another ugly overpriced and probably uncomfortable gaming chair. One would be far far better off purchasing a high end office chair like the SteelCase Leap for LESS money.

Last edited:

Giroro

Splendid
I, for one, am pretty surprised they're still trying to sell these fisher-price racecar chairs to adults.

Especially one that costs more than my first car.
What's next, King sized, luxary racecar beds for "gamers"? That's too much space for a single person.