Info Thermaltake Core V21 is out of production

References have been removed off Thermaltake's site. It can only be found with a google search. And the number of vendors selling it are near 0. No replacement parts available either.

It's a shame because in terms of performance/price/looks/flexibility ratio, this was one of the best micro/mini cases available bar none. The Level 20 has horrid cooling by comparison (even if it is pretty)

It is a 4 year old case, and it has been replaced with the Level 20 VT, which from what I can see has temps directly comparable to the older V1 and the V21. At most the difference seems to be about 2°c, and I don't genuinely think something being 2°c warmer is going to be remotely a deal breaker.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2fXZCjXpfo

No, temps were not roughly comparable. The V21 has open front, and two open sides. The Thermaltake Level 20VT (which is $50 more) has a semi closed top and front. Flow is nothing short of horrid.

As with the latest trend of all glass, Thermaltake sacrifices performance for looks (lots of glass) instead of doing both properly. It isn't just thermaltake that is guilty of this. A lot of case brands are guilty.

The video literally proves what I said is true. There was a 2°c difference at most.

The video also proves my point. He consistently comments about blocked airflow. And if you look at the charts it's competing against other mini ITX boxes and appearing at the bottom 3rd. What makes this worse is a lot of these cases are smaller, and therefore harder to cool. Not only that but the video card was among the hottest and boost speeds on video cards are closely tied to how hot they are.

3C would put it in the top 3rd at least. And your argument is disingenuous because Steve never did a comparison to the Core V21. It's not an apples to apples comparison to the Core V21.

These are all pretty bad mini-itx small cases. Given the size it should do better.

Last edited: