Thermaltake Launches the Chaser A71 Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

GabZDK

Honorable
Aug 12, 2012
This one actually seems, mm, kinda cool.
Although the fact that Tom's doesn't mentions anything about the materials makes me kinda unconfortable, I really hope it's not totally plastic, yes it is Termaltake, but it also it their top tier case, that has to count for something, right??

merikafyeah

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
I was very disappointed to discover that you can't outfit this and the Chaser A31 with 9 5.25" drive bays even though it looks like it was made for doing just that.
Still, it looks like a beautiful, well-rounded case with plenty of features and lots of room.

The lines and curves are elegant and subtle, much like the A31. Completely different appearance-wise from gauche gaming cases like the HAF-X or the earlier Chaser MK-1.

Here's a video tour of the Chaser A31: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niIQ_8QURi0
The A71 has basically the same external chassis as the A31, but has a few more "gamer oriented" features on the inside.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Looks like every other mid-tower. What's the point? Where is the Thermaltake? Remember when Thermaltake made unique cases with things like a power transferring plane to the side-mounted fan.

WithoutWeakness

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
[citation][nom]GabZDK[/nom]This one actually seems, mm, kinda cool.Although the fact that Tom's doesn't mentions anything about the materials makes me kinda unconfortable, I really hope it's not totally plastic, yes it is Termaltake, but it also it their top tier case, that has to count for something, right??[/citation]
I'm a little disappointed that the materials aren't in the story but it's very likely that this is a steel/plastic enclosure. The bends and curves they used for the feet/front/top are extremely hard to fold with either steel or aluminum and would drive this case into the $500+ range if it were all aluminum. You can also tell from the photo that the black color on the chassis and side panel are slightly lighter than the black for the feet/front/top so it's probable that those darker parts are make from plastic and the chassis is painted steel.

biggestinsect

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
I'm liking this also. Doesn't look like a truck tire (CM HAF) or an anime object (most Thermaltake) and it appears not to have a bunch of dust traps (Antec 900s). My main pc is in a Case Labs M8 and my 2nd is in an Antec 900 V2 which I'm looking to replace. This and the Corsair c70 are of interest for now. Not going to get anywhere near the quality of the Case Labs for the money so not too worried about plastic content, just ease of build, cooling, maintenance and a not-too-goofy esthetic.

biggestinsect

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
[citation][nom]biggestinsect[/nom]I'm liking this also. Doesn't look like a truck tire (CM HAF) or an anime object (most Thermaltake) and it appears not to have a bunch of dust traps (Antec 900s). My main pc is in a Case Labs M8 and my 2nd is in an Antec 900 V2 which I'm looking to replace. This and the Corsair c70 are of interest for now. Not going to get anywhere near the quality of the Case Labs for the money so not too worried about plastic content, just ease of build, cooling, maintenance and a not-too-goofy esthetic.[/citation]
[citation][nom]WithoutWeakness[/nom]I'm a little disappointed that the materials aren't in the story but it's very likely that this is a steel/plastic enclosure. The bends and curves they used for the feet/front/top are extremely hard to fold with either steel or aluminum and would drive this case into the $500+ range if it were all aluminum. You can also tell from the photo that the black color on the chassis and side panel are slightly lighter than the black for the feet/front/top so it's probable that those darker parts are make from plastic and the chassis is painted steel.[/citation]
Of course plastic and steel. The steel top of case is visible under the top plastic fan shroud; a design practice I dislike - too many visible parts. If this was CNC aluminum it could be quite attractive and expensive.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]merikafyeah[/nom]The lines and curves are elegant and subtle[/citation]
Certainly in the eye of the beholder. To me this is over the top and much too flashy / boy-gamer for my tastes. Of course I like Lian-li cases and currently am using an Antec P183. I have definitely seen worse cases, this one just isn't my style.

Status
Not open for further replies.