Question Thermaltake V200 TG RGB is it safe to run with the RGB Off?

bikemanI7

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
Wondering if its safe to run my case with the 3 Front Fan RGB off a bit?

Normally i press the little button on front of Tower and select the Color i want, and leave it on til its bedtime, then switch it to Off-mode.

As Motherboard doesn't support ARGB, so can only use Solid Color option or Flashing Off and On Option that comes with the built in RGB/Fan Controller

Ralston18

Titan
Turning off the colors should be safe.

The RGB colors are just cosmetic. Simply to be pretty, attention getting, or even serve as some sort of background lighting.

As long as the fans are able to provide the necessary system cooling then presence or absence of pretty colors and/or color patterns is moot.

bikemanI7

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
Oh ok just wanted to be sure as wasn't 100 percent if it was a safe thing to do, looks like fans still spinning when i looked with Cell Phone Camera, so think i should be fine for normal system use still

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Unless there's some sort of 'fan' controller, whether that's motherboard or case, then the fans will run at 100% full speed, 100% of the time. But thats the fans. Has nothing to do with the lighting. That's just cosmetic colors.

There's 3 types of 'colored' lighting fans.
  1. LED. This has no change possible, a red Led fan is red, Period.
  2. RGB. Variable color fan that uses Amperage to change colors. Every rgb led gets the same 'signal' so the fan can be red or blue, but not both. RGB cannot do Rainbow by choice.
  3. ARGB/DRGB. Variable color fan that uses a pwm signal to each individual led on the fan, so every led can be the same or different. So a fan can be red or blue or both in any design.
The controller can be through software at the motherboard, so is user optioned, or by a case switch that generally has a few pre-programmed options. That will depend on exactly how the 'lighting' part of the fan is wired. There are many cheapo cases that have the cheapest possible fans that will only work through the pre-programmed case switch, often requiring replacing with decent aftermarket #2 or #3 fans, which will depend on whether the motherboard has the correct header for the lighting. That's often the only route to getting actual 'fan' control and better airflow and resultant temps.

So as long as the 'fans' can supply enough air into the case to affect the cpu/gpu temps in a positive way, keeping the temps regulated at respectable amounts, then it doesn't matter exactly what 'color' the fan is, or isn't.

bikemanI7

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
Yeah the lights are controlled via Case Switch by the I/O ports, as this motherboard doesn't have ARGB/DRGB port at all.

Cannot adjust Fan Curves in UEFI bios for the 3 Front fans period
I guess there providing decent enough cooling as right now the temps are actually really good, despite outdoor temp/room temp probably higher today as it was in the 70's out earlier, now 61F out

They seem to be spinning when i looked with my Phone camera, so i guess there cooling as well as they can in this sorta restrictive case with the front plastic like glass, and little right side vent.

Of course the Rear Exhaust is probably the cheapest fan they could possibly include in the case lol (might replace with Arctic Fan in the future, not 100 percent sure on that part as yet)

I'll check the temps with hardware monitor in a second here as first time i ever left the Lights off since got the system in June 2020, normally every morning i'd turn them on when i woke up and started using the system again.

CPU Temp Currently 43C, on almost all 8 Cores
Max Temp so far since started monitoring temps just now 62C

VRM Temp 60C, highest 63C so far today at the moment

(Do have Secondlife Game open, and watching shows in another browser window)

GPU Temp 52C , Hot Spot 68.4C

leaves temp monitor open for when i do heavier game later on, but so far its nice and cool

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS