Thermaltake Xaser III lanfire case question (ferite ring)

I purchased a Thermaltake lanfire case which contains a rather large
(1.5" dia.) ferite ring. Anyone know what this is for?

Thanks,
Monty

In article <40e3059f.1828184750@newsread.grc.nasa.gov>, Monty says...

> I purchased a Thermaltake lanfire case which contains a rather large
> (1.5" dia.) ferite ring. Anyone know what this is for?
>
> Thanks,
> Monty

Yup, to suppress RF interference. The front case panel leads form a
good antenna. Take the front panel leads, feed them through the centre
of the ring then wrap them around the ferrite a few times.

--
Conor

Dumb as a box of rocks...