These Could Be the Boxes for Office 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Well the packaging certainly distinguishes this version as you won't be able to mistake these versions for any of the previous versions.

Although you'd think that they would go with packaging that a bit smaller to save on packaging.

ravewulf

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
The coloring scheme seems a bit.. bland. Bad color combinations too. That and the logos should probably be a bit smaller. They take up a bit too much space and ruin the visual balance.

tmike

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
"Here are some pictures of the boxes in which some software might be packaged".

What next, photos of the packaging that UPS might use to ship it? Images of an actual roll of tape used to secure the packing boxes? Plaster casts of the UPS truck's tire treads? Naked pix of the UPS guy? (Oh, wait, i have that already).

ssalim

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2007
-Home and Student
-Professional Academic
-Home and Business
-Professional

They are missing:
-Home starter
-Home basic
-Home starter student
-Home starter business
-Home basic student
-Home basic business
-Professional student
-Professional business
-Professional enterprise
-Professional ultimate
-Ultimate business
-Ultimate enterprise
-Ultimate SUPERtimate
-SUPER DUPER
-AWESOME MEGA
-AWESOME SUPER DUPER MEGA
-AWESOME SUPER DUPER MEGA ULTIMATE PRO
-AWESOME SUPER DUPER MEGA ULTIMATE PRO ENHANCED

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
@ssalim: So soo true, but a little over done.

Besides that, the box doesn't worry me. The little white tag above it on the shelf is usually what gives me nightmares.

igot1forya

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
[citation][nom]ssalim[/nom]-Home and Student-Professional Academic-Home and Business-ProfessionalThey are missing:-Home starter-Home basic-Home starter student-Home starter business-Home basic student-Home basic business-Professional student-Professional business-Professional enterprise-Professional ultimate-Ultimate business-Ultimate enterprise-Ultimate SUPERtimate-SUPER DUPER-AWESOME MEGA-AWESOME SUPER DUPER MEGA-AWESOME SUPER DUPER MEGA ULTIMATE PRO-AWESOME SUPER DUPER MEGA ULTIMATE PRO ENHANCED[/citation]

Don't for get Plus!

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
Thanks for showing us the box. Probably the only time I'll examine it because I won't be buying it. I might end up using it, but surely not paying for it ;)

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
[citation][nom]Honis[/nom]I wonder if those rounded corners drive packagers and store shelf stockboy/girls insane...[/citation]
In fact they don't! Microsoft usually ships custom made display shelves for their products. They fit like a glove!

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
I just like the beta so far. i can care less for the boxing. Isnt as if its a damn Collector's movie boxset or something..

sinsear

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009
[citation][nom]ssalim[/nom]-Home and Student-Professional Academic-Home and Business-ProfessionalThey are missing:-Home starter-Home basic-Home starter student-Home starter business-Home basic student-Home basic business-Professional student-Professional business-Professional enterprise-Professional ultimate-Ultimate business-Ultimate enterprise-Ultimate SUPERtimate-SUPER DUPER-AWESOME MEGA-AWESOME SUPER DUPER MEGA-AWESOME SUPER DUPER MEGA ULTIMATE PRO-AWESOME SUPER DUPER MEGA ULTIMATE PRO ENHANCED[/citation]
And you forgot Office OVER 9000.

djab

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009
The good thing about these boxes is that they clearly identify the different office applications that are in each packages.

"Office Home and student" version seems enough for most of people and the X3 licence is nice. It just need a low price now.

I think I have read somewhere that there would also be a free lite version (not talking about the beta). Interesting.

dedhorse

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2007
"I think I have read somewhere that there would also be a free lite version (not talking about the beta)."

Office Starter. I've been using the beta. It has crippled versions of Word and Excel, with advertising that can't be turned off to buy the full version of Office. But I think it only comes free on new computers.

Status
Not open for further replies.