These GPS Shoes Will Guide You Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
If you are within walking distance of your home and can not find it you are probably also too drunk to upload (shouldn't it be DOWNload) data into your shoe :)

And if the data comes from a smart phone then there is prob. a Map App on there to begin with.

dvo

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2008
you apparantly upload the data and have it all ready to go before you even leave your home. you upload it once and forget about it. then the day you find yourself lost somewhere, click your heals and it activates. kind of self explanatory really. it's not gonna require you to use a usb cable and upload data at the moment you find yourself drunk and lost. these would obviously also work if you're a cyclist or a runner and get farther from home than just 'walking distance' and then lose your way.

[citation][nom]Vorador2[/nom]Unless they can be used in a "so goddamned wasted can't tell left from right" state, they don't interest me.[/citation]
maybe they should have a version that talks to you so you dont have to tell your left from right. lol.

nikojagochi

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
This is super dumb.
"Hey look I can stick my GPS and destroy a pair of shoes."

1. If you can't find a way home in walking distance than you must have an amnesia, or a neurological disease.
2. NO one looks at their shoes while they are walking, that looks odd and could be very dangerous.

Though, the LED lights as a decoration look interesting. If I was 12 yrs old I would want LEDs on my shoes.

chewy1963

Honorable
May 9, 2012
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]If you are within walking distance of your home and can not find it you are probably also too drunk to upload (shouldn't it be DOWNload) data into your shoe :)And if the data comes from a smart phone then there is prob. a Map App on there to begin with.[/citation]

Ummm, the article says you UPLOAD the location of home into the shoe (before hand) using USB. Then when you find yourself lost, you click your heels together and they will guide you home. You don't need your phone at all if you are lost. Read freggo read!

okibrian

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009

You're on ANOTHER device and SEND data to your shoes, so that would make it upload.

Status
Not open for further replies.