Thin, Flexy OLED Lighting Sheets Coming 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
It is not that bad... but that is just the cost of the film... the final product may end up very expensive. and... hmm...... wait! ... that is only an OLED-"light" not a "screen"... so having that price for a flexiable light source... hmm...
By the way... it will be cool to have that OLED-light embedded into my tent... no more holding the fleshlight while reading in my camping tent ...:D

kewl munky

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
Yeah that's not that terrible of a price. But what would be the overall use of this? Maybe a way to display a picture on a dome ceiling of some sort? Or have a pillar with a screen wrapping around it?

skine

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009
[citation][nom]pharge[/nom][...]no more holding the fleshlight while reading in my camping tent ...[/citation]
I don't even want to know what you're reading if you're holding a fleshlight.

Blessedman

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
This is great news though, as the process to make these can't be far off from making OLED screens. This could rapidly drive down the prices of actual TV's. Lets hope this is actually a viable product.

hustler539

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2008
[citation][nom]skine[/nom]I don't even want to know what you're reading if you're holding a fleshlight.[/citation]

LOL, for those who dont know what a fleshlight is, yahoo it.

Blessedman

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
Also forget LED back lighting, this is the technology that will give us the next best display technology until OLED displays arrive. Imagine an OLED back light that you can control very effectively (shutting off portions to make LCD ink black) and be extremely thin.

Status
Not open for further replies.