[SOLVED] Thin Mini-ITX Build

Feb 18, 2020
Here is the build:

GA-B75TN
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770T CPU @ 2.50GHz
8GB Memory -> x2 Kingston 9905428-102.A00G
Fractal Node 202
mSATA 128GB
3.5" 4TB WD Red -> Not currently plugged in, looking for SATA power cable and place to put the hard drive
Intel Dual NIC Card
AC Adapter 19V 4.75A / 100-240VAC 50/60Hz

Few questions:

1) The motherboard manual says 8GB max, bit I really want more RAM in there. This is a Proxmox server and having 8GB is very limiting. Do you think this is 100% accurate? I'm tempted to put 16GB in there, but don't want to waste money for nothing.

2) This will help me secure my 3.5" hard drive into the case, but I can't seem to find it anywhere in Canada. Anyone have any ideas?

3) If I do happen to get my 3.5 hard drive in there, will my power brick be able to power the whole setup, and possibly a 4TB SSD in the future?

4) I'm looking for a SATA power cable that will go from my motherboard to the 3.5" without lighting on fire or melting anything. Any suggestions? If you are confused, google "SATA cable fire".

Solution
Motherboard is Thin Mini-ITX Form Factor; 17.0cm x 17.0cm
Case Motherboard Compatibility is Mini-ITX.

Thin Mini-ITX are for All-in-One PCs and are not Mini-ITX form factor. Motherboard has lots of special connectors for AIO PC.

• LVDS connector
  • 1 x LVDS drive voltage header
  • 1 x flat panel display power header (both panel and backlight inverter)
  • 1 x flat panel display power connector
  • 1 x backlight switch header
  • 1 x flat panel display switch header
1) It's a possibility but, unless you find actual evidence, it's a crap shoot. Maybe pick up some memory that you could easily return to check?

2) Order it from the US...?

3) We need to know the power supply make/model to answer this.

4) It won't go from your motherboard to the HDD. It will go from your power supply. Again, we need to know the make/model of power supply. You may have an extra SATA power cable just hanging out inside your case.

Please post the exact power supply used.

Thin Mini-ITX are for All-in-One PCs and are not Mini-ITX form factor. Motherboard has lots of special connectors for AIO PC.

• LVDS connector

Solution
Feb 18, 2020
1) It's a possibility but, unless you find actual evidence, it's a crap shoot. Maybe pick up some memory that you could easily return to check?

2) Order it from the US...?

3) We need to know the power supply make/model to answer this.

4) It won't go from your motherboard to the HDD. It will go from your power supply. Again, we need to know the make/model of power supply. You may have an extra SATA power cable just hanging out inside your case.

Please post the exact power supply used.

The power supply is in the description, but it's a brick, not your conventional power supply.
I can't order it from the US because it's out of stock, but I was wondering if anyone had any other ideas.

Feb 18, 2020

• LVDS connector

It's all good, fits in the case perfectly.

Feb 18, 2020
If anyone is curious, 16GB did work despite what the manual said.

Also looks like I'm going to have to solder my own female to female sata power connector since they are impossible to find.