[SOLVED] Things to make a keyboard higher on the back

Maramsp

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2016
Hey all.

Ive bought the microsoft ergomic keyboard for buisness:

https://www.pcmag.com/reviews/microsoft-ergonomic-keyboard (sorry couldnt find an article here)

As a replacement for my old microsoft natural ergonomic 4000 keyboard:

https://www.staples.ca/products/618443-en-microsoft-natural-ergonomic-keyboard-4000-english

on which i spoiled some juice and therefor it died.

Now that 4000 keboard had feet on the back which made it possible to raise the keyboard along with the rubber thingies that were glued on the keyboard at the front.

In combination with that the 4000 keyboard wasnt raised too high, it made it possible to raise the keyboard without it being wobbly at the front.

However, this new keyboard, which is a successor to the old one, this one dont have feet at the back, and therfor cannot be raised by itself at the back.

There is a plastic supplement which can be attached at the front to raise it at the front, but that is something i dont want to do.

So i was thinking, and therfore asking you all, to help me find something so that i can raise my keyboard at the back just a tiny bit.

I dont know if such things exist at all, so thats why i came to this forum.

I already tried to have a wooden plank underneath it, or some magazines, but while it does raise the back, it gets wobbly at the front. Later i found out that the 4000 keyboard had those rubber thingies at the front which made the front not wobbly, so presumably i have to make sure to get those rubber things as well for my current keyboard, but im also not sure if its possible to raise this new keyboard at all.

So thats why i came here, alongside 2 other dutch fora :)

Hopefully you can think with me and come with either a buyable or a creative solution.

Thanks in advance

Solution
You could use an eraser(cut up to a preferred thickness) to help with the back and front elevations. That's what I'd do. Either that or use thin cardboard or a sheet of A4 paper that's been folded and wedged between the keyboard's supports and the desk. You will need some trial and error runs to get to the point where you're comfortable with the height.

Oh, welcome to the forums, newcomer!
;)

Lutfij

Titan
You could use an eraser(cut up to a preferred thickness) to help with the back and front elevations. That's what I'd do. Either that or use thin cardboard or a sheet of A4 paper that's been folded and wedged between the keyboard's supports and the desk. You will need some trial and error runs to get to the point where you're comfortable with the height.

Oh, welcome to the forums, newcomer!
;)

Solution

Maramsp

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2016
problem is that i can raise it at the back with some wood, or cardboard, but then it gets wobbly at the front.
I have to have some small rubber mats i think at the front to make it not wobbly again, but could be just go to a craft shop and buy rubber things to make that happen.

The trick with the eraser im definitely going to try out tho.

Any example, maybe with pictures of how you have solved it?

And thanks for welcoming me :) I was read only for quite some time now btw :D