[SOLVED] Thinking of upgrading my 1050 ti to a 3050 ti. Will this work with my recent PSU?

van4221

Reputable
Dec 28, 2016
So my PSU is:
https://seasonic.com/s12ii

Im thinking about upgrading my current 1050 ti and does this support the 6+2 pin to 12pin adapter?

Its a 620 watts and i bought it in 3 years ago

My current specs is
GPU: 1050 ti Rog strix 4gb
Processor: ryzen 5 2600x
Ram: 16 gb hyperx 4x4 2666 mhz
HDD: 500 GB seagate barracuda and a 1TB Western Digital
Motherboard: Gigabyte ab350m Gaming 3 mobo
Case: Rakk Hawani (a local made from the Philippines)

All are in stock settings so yah.

Solution
That PSU although seasonic, is not made by them and unfortunately is the worst seasonic has to offer. It lacks protections and should not be in a high end system.

It's a tier D...
That PSU although seasonic, is not made by them and unfortunately is the worst seasonic has to offer. It lacks protections and should not be in a high end system.

It's a tier D...

Solution

van4221

Reputable
Dec 28, 2016

van4221

Reputable
Dec 28, 2016
Dotas1 is correct. I would not use that PSU for anything other than integrated GPU's.

Here is an awesome PSU from one of my favorite brands for $99 at B&H. I just bought the 600w version for my son's first build.
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/y4...00-w-80-gold-certified-atx-power-supply-bn295

Hope this helps.

For now i can only pick parts here:
https://www.lazada.com.ph/

Staticisgood

Honorable
Oct 27, 2014
I browsed through the website on my phone, it wouldn't load right on my PC. I do see some decent power supplies offered.

Corsair (CX's)
Seasonic (Focus GX /GM or Core GC/GM/GX) Stay away from A12 and S12's
Cooler Master (MWE's)

If you have doubts, I would use the PSU Tier List link dotas1 posted to cross compare with Lazada.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador

It's a tier D...
Tier C and yes it was made by Seasonic.

@Zerk2012 It's a tier D. Tier C is the S12III, not S12II.
As for if it's made by seasonic, I might be wrong (probably am). I do remember reading a review on them few years back that stated that.

Even at tier C, which is not, I wouldn't risk a good gpu. Maybe it's just me but I prefer having a good PSU to power a good GPU.

Edit: I was also answering to the other guy that said it's good enough to power a 3070.

Last edited:
Let's be real here:

it is a lower end seasonic PSU - YES
Will it fail? - MAYBE
Will it take any other components with it? - NO (it's not THAT low end)
Can it power a 3050ti - YES, very probable

Should OP swap to a better psu? it would be best, but his current one will also work

Let's be real here:

it is a lower end seasonic PSU - YES
Will it fail? - MAYBE
Will it take any other components with it? - NO (it's not THAT low end)
Can it power a 3050ti - YES, very probable

Should OP swap to a better psu? it would be best, but his current one will also work
I would change the NO to probably NO because it does lack protections. It might fail but can also damage something else with a very low probability.

TRENDING THREADS