[SOLVED] Thinking of upgrading my pc and needed help with motherboard and others.

eridian00

Honorable
Mar 12, 2014
I was wanting to upgrade my pc and needed to know some things. I have 16gb of ram, a 2tb hard drive, and a gtx 1060 gpu i want to take from this one and use for the new one. So i need to find a new motherboard, cpu and wanted to get a ssd to go along with my 2tb drive. But i have no clue where to start or anything. I built this one by buying the motherboard, ram, and cpu in a bundle so i didn't need to worry about it being compatible, but now i have no idea what to look for in order to upgrade, and even less if i want to add a ssd to it and also use my normal drive as well.

Solution
My current motherboard is MSI gaming 970 am3+ and sb950 sata 6gb usb 3.0
And the cpu is amd fx-8350 4ghz.
I use it for gaming. And i would prefer it to be under 300. Only thing i want to replace is the motherboard and cpu and maybe add a ssd if i can.
From that existing platform, you'd need to move into a Ryzen or near current gen Intel.
Which means also new DDR4 RAM.

What GPU is in there?
What specific power supply?

eridian00

Honorable
Mar 12, 2014
I use it for gaming. And i would prefer it to be under 300. Only thing i want to replace is the motherboard and cpu and maybe add a ssd if i can.

USAFRet

Titan
From that existing platform, you'd need to move into a Ryzen or near current gen Intel.
Which means also new DDR4 RAM.

What GPU is in there?
What specific power supply?

Solution