Thinkpad E431 laptop-win10 goes into automatic repair loop

Ashwani_3

Commendable
Aug 2, 2016
Hello people,

i have a thinkpad e431 laptop, which i accidentally dropped on the floor last night. My laptop went into automatic repair loop and didn't start. i ran lenovo diagnose through boot option and storage test had "read storage test failed" while all other tests such as self smart/smart seek passed. i reinstalled windows10 and tried running chkdsk /r on all the partitions and they were successful but Windows drive since my computer was on. i rescheduled it once computer restarts and after that when i turned this laptop in the morning it again went into automatic repair loop while it stuck on bios screen several minutes. i tried running lenovo diagnostic on cpu, ram and pci bus and they were successful however storage tests, which ever successful earlier started taking unusually longer time. nkw windows don't boot. i am not really sure if it is hard drive or something else that is causing problem?

PS: i tried access windows repair tool through my bootable usb stick and could see all the drives showing healthy and when i tried reinstalling windows again it allowed me to do so.

Solution
I would check the connector on the drive and make sure it is still seated properly.
If problems persist, then consider replacing the drive.