ThinkPads Tested, Passed as Semi-Rugged Notebooks

Status
Not open for further replies.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
One of our customers shipped there t500 to me for fixing with Purolator. Them boys killed it, seriously the Laptop was crushed, one of the corners was imploded and partially missing.

Lenovo may survive war, but they won’t survive Purolator!

Tekkamanraiden

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2008
[citation][nom]Mishiza[/nom]"Low Temperature – Tests operation at minus 4 degrees"WTF, if thats extreme than this crap can't withstand a warm Swedish summer![/citation]

And I thought it was cold over here in Canada.

skine

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009
[citation][nom]Mishiza[/nom]"Low Temperature – Tests operation at minus 4 degrees"WTF, if thats extreme than this crap can't withstand a warm Swedish summer![/citation]

I assumed that it meant -4 Fahrenheit, or -20 centigrade.

Then again, this really isn't all too cold, given that I generally wear a thin sweatshirt until about 5 degrees F.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
In one of the offices I work, all we buy are Think Pads for pro and personal use. ie: I bought my own ThinkPad. And we love them. Not as slick as the new HPs, the the keyboards rock and they are about the ONLY company that makes notbooks WITHOUT THE GLOSSY LCD screens!

I still say, shoot the marketing moron who said "notebook LCDs should reflect the user's face". They also offer WinXP Pro for free (With Vista business, of course) on all their notebooks.

The SL500 isn't military grade, but its a slick modernized ThinkPad for about $600~700.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Is there any benefit to a glossy LCD, or is it just cheaper for the manufacturer? Didn't all laptops used to come with matte LCDs, when did they make this change?

As for -4 degrees, even Fahrenheit thats not too cold. It was -20F (-40F windchill) early January in northern Iowa where my fiancee lives. They had to cancel school for a week so the kids wouldn't get frostbite waiting for the bus. Needless to say, -4 is nothing in Antarctica where a scientist might want one of these.

G

Just feeling sorry SL300 got a glossy screen. The only think I regret. :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.