Question Third Partition lost because I merged two first partitions. Plz help.

amasoun

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
I have windows 10 and I merged to partitions on my secondary hard drive for space. First one was a Primary partition while second and third were logical
I successfully (or not) merged first two partitions by deleting them both and merged into one primary partition. Third partition which is now Second, was there working fine.
But after a reboot, third partition is gone and is shown as Un allocated space in disk management.
How can I recover it guys. Please help me.

amasoun

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
Disk 2 415 gb approx, in green.

Partition find mount was able to find the partition and mount it. Data is copying very very slowly.
Its impossible to recover any data actually.

Last edited:

amasoun

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
MiniTool Partition Wizard Home , a very old version which I have been using for long time.
I Don't what it broke of the third partition. First two partitions which are now One, is (are) working fine.
Partition find mount software found the partition but it can only let me mount it and copy data which is impossible because speed in kb/s.
I have largely home movies stored there. It is gonna take ages.

amasoun

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
It was reported OK before this accident. I keep checking drive health all the time.
I have messed with Partition table or something of this drive because I merged two partition into one and because I formatted this new drive, it is working properly.

amasoun

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
I wont lie, I was a little tipsy when I did this all. One of my HDD started making clicking noises, I backed up all its data on a USB drive and dumped bad drive.
Then I noticed (sigh) these two drives of a good hdd were of very small size. So decided to merge them and backed up these two drive's data only.
I didn't expect the third untouched drive to go bad this way.
What I am sure that I didn't delete this drive or format.

USAFRet

Titan
I wont lie, I was a little tipsy when I did this all. One of my HDD started making clicking noises, I backed up all its data on a USB drive and dumped bad drive.
Then I noticed (sigh) these two drives of a good hdd were of very small size. So decided to merge them and backed up these two drive's data only.
I didn't expect the third untouched drive to go bad this way.
What I am sure that I didn't delete this drive or format.
No one ever expects things to go bad.
Yet it often does.

amasoun

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
I have made an image of this lost partition on a separate drive with Partition Find and Mount, but data recovery is very very very slow. I can recover very imp data in future if needed, even if it might take ages.
Now I an open to work with this drive