[SOLVED] This 450W Corsair PSU will work?

vargasbill

Reputable
May 22, 2019
Hi,
I'm working on a new PC build but I have a doubt with the PSU. I have the following components (below) but I do not know if a 450W PSU will be enough. I was checking out for this Corsair 450W PSU: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categ...Supply-Units/cx-series-config/p/CP-9020120-NA. I do not know very much about brands or 'good quality' PSU, so I want to know if this wattage is enough or even this PSU is good, otherwise, what PSU would you recommend for me?. I appreciate you help.

Intel Xeon X5675 (Probably OC in the future)
Nvidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb
4X4GB - 16GB DDR3
Asus SaberTooth X58
1SDD, 1Optical drive.

Thanks,

Solution
There are two general ways to address the question/problem:

1) Add up the wattage requirements for all installed components and add 25% more. How close is that that total wattage to 450 Watts. Remember that PSU manufacturer's establish their wattage capabilities under ideal circumstances.

2) Use two or three online calculators to likewise tally up wattages. Some people do not rely on ( and rightfully so) such calculators but at least the effort may end up with some overall wattage average with respect to the needs of your new PC build.

Do both 1) and 2). Objective is to determine the necessary wattage with enough cushion for "error" and realistic power demands.

Remember to include overclocking requirements.

Knowing the...

Ralston18

Titan
There are two general ways to address the question/problem:

1) Add up the wattage requirements for all installed components and add 25% more. How close is that that total wattage to 450 Watts. Remember that PSU manufacturer's establish their wattage capabilities under ideal circumstances.

2) Use two or three online calculators to likewise tally up wattages. Some people do not rely on ( and rightfully so) such calculators but at least the effort may end up with some overall wattage average with respect to the needs of your new PC build.

Do both 1) and 2). Objective is to determine the necessary wattage with enough cushion for "error" and realistic power demands.

Remember to include overclocking requirements.

Knowing the required wattage look for PSUs' that meet that quantitative requirement.

Then read reviews about those PSUs. Go to manufacturer's websites: find the User Guides/Manuals. Again read the FAQs and Forums if any. Pay attention to what is said as well as what is not said....

Solution