[SOLVED] This build okay?

Molly1_2

Commendable
Jul 31, 2020
hello all stfu, newbie here. wanna make sure the compatibility is okay as fellow especially the power supply and ram. Especially the power supply. Very limited budget

RM200 - Athlon 3000G
RM200 - MSI a320m a pro max
RM154 - ADATA Premier 4GB DDR4 2666MHz UNBUFFERED-DIMM 2x4GB or ADATA 4GB DDR4 2666MHZ UNBUFFERED-DIMM DESKTOP PC RAM 2x4GB
( difference is premier and non premier )
RM70 - PNY CS900 120GB
RM 45 - AVF ATX 500W With 12CM Fan Power Supply
Total - RM669
Reuse 1tb HDD from previous rig

reusing peripheral and case

Solution
okay...
oh ya, i forgotten about monitor =.=
Is there any monitor that is below 47.91 USD (RM200) ??
  • good resolution to watch drama and youtube and movies... ( feel like more real and in theater experience )
  • clear density of colors.
  • No need high refresh rate as i am not gaming ???
i see, maybe next time in the future..
Is there any monitor that is below 47.91 USD (RM200) ??
  • good resolution to watch drama and youtube and movies... ( feel like more real and in theater experience )
  • clear density of colors.
  • No need high refresh rate as i am not gaming ???
As i am not planning to do any upgrade with this build anymore. which is why i want the minimum budget for it and can...

Ferimer

Distinguished
hello all stfu, newbie here. wanna make sure the compatibility is okay as fellow especially the power supply and ram. Especially the power supply. Very limited budget

RM200 - Athlon 3000G
RM154 - ADATA Premier 4GB DDR4 2666MHz UNBUFFERED-DIMM 2x4GB or ADATA 4GB DDR4 2666MHZ UNBUFFERED-DIMM DESKTOP PC RAM 2x4GB
RM70 - PNY CS900 120GB
Total - RM669

What are the intentions for the build?

Molly1_2

Commendable
Jul 31, 2020
hi, The usages are
  • multitasking in surfing google (basically watching dramas, and YouTube) and office work at the same time (but not often doing office work, occasionally, mostly on surfing google part)
  • some office work (word, pdf file etc)
  • switch on mostly everyday ( but will be turn off at night )
  • no gaming
  • planning this build to last at least more than 7 years as the usage is quite low?

That's about it, is almost like office computer i guess?

Ferimer

Distinguished
hi, The usages are
  • multitasking in surfing google (basically watching dramas, and YouTube) and office work at the same time (but not often doing office work, occasionally, mostly on surfing google part)
  • no gaming
  • planning this build to last at least more than 7 years as the usage is quite low?
The power supply is going to be fine for what you are doing. It will probably never reach its full 500w. so you will be fine.

logainofhades

Titan

RM200 - Athlon 3000G
RM70 - PNY CS900 120GB
Total - RM669

What is your previous rig specs? That PSU is a fire hazard.

Molly1_2

Commendable
Jul 31, 2020
The power supply is going to be fine for what you are doing. It will probably never reach its full 500w. so you will be fine.

would you mind elaborating what situations are not fine (gaming? or ) and the consequences ? 😊😊
" It will probably never reach its full 500w. so you will be fine. "
- Oh, how do you know that it never reach its full 500w?

oh ya btw https://postimg.cc/N9ZJn1Pv do you perhaps know what cable is connected to this hard drive? i maybe abit to reuse this on my new rig.

What is your previous rig specs? That PSU is a fire hazard.
Erm one of my my capacity on mobo of my previous rig bloated ( As i was told).
The previous rig specs are
  1. - Amd Athlon tm 64 x2, can see on the link that it only work on Amd 2,3 and 3+ which no mobo now is able to support ? I guessing this processor is still working ?
  2. - https://postimg.cc/VdpKj8WL (This is the mobo that my old build died )
  3. - https://postimg.cc/K1TJfH07 ( This is the capacitor, the 2nd one is more bloated than the 1st one) -> Which is why the mobo cannot bot, <- The shop retail told me this
  4. I am not sure about what mobo is it, but only know that it is a Asrock motherboard.
  5. This is my previous rig power supply btw https://postimg.cc/ThN50WXR , think it is still working fine.
  6. oh ya btw https://postimg.cc/N9ZJn1Pv do you perhaps know what cable is connected to this hard drive? i maybe abit to reuse this on my new rig.
That's what i know from the hardware. 😖😖

Ferimer

Distinguished
would you mind elaborating what situations are not fine (gaming? or ) and the consequences ? 😊😊
" It will probably never reach its full 500w. so you will be fine. "
- Oh, how do you know that it never reach its full 500w?

oh ya btw https://postimg.cc/N9ZJn1Pv do you perhaps know what cable is connected to this hard drive? i maybe abit to reuse this on my new rig.

You don't have anything that is demanding of your PSU. you aren't putting in a heavy GPU. your CPU isn't that demanding, you are using it for everyday basic use. I would look into a PSU that is more reliable and you can get away with like a 450W if you really wanted it. Also the picture you uploaded those cables are just for anything that needs a power connector. Something like Lights on a fan perhaps.

g-unit1111

Titan

No it isn't. It looks like a piece of junk, I would replace it with something much better like a Seasonic or Corsair if available. That will not cut it for a new build. No name PSUs are nearly 9 times out of 10 the cause of problems with a lot of builds, it's better to stop it before it starts and buy something that is much higher quality.

Molly1_2

Commendable
Jul 31, 2020
You don't have anything that is demanding of your PSU. you aren't putting in a heavy GPU. your CPU isn't that demanding, you are using it for everyday basic use. I would look into a PSU that is more reliable and you can get away with like a 450W if you really wanted it. Also the picture you uploaded those cables are just for anything that needs a power connector. Something like Lights on a fan perhaps.

i see, so the demanding part is just the GPU ? if no overclock is done on the CPU ?
which 450W though??
The picture is the cable connected to the dvd drive.... wanting to know whether the connector for dvd drive can connect to Msi A320m a pro-max motherboard....

No it isn't. It looks like a piece of junk, I would replace it with something much better like a Seasonic or Corsair if available. That will not cut it for a new build. No name PSUs are nearly 9 times out of 10 the cause of problems with a lot of builds, it's better to stop it before it starts and buy something that is much higher quality.

Seasonic is not popular in my area, any watt for Corsair?

Ferimer

Distinguished
i see, so the demanding part is just the GPU ? if no overclock is done on the CPU ?
which 450W though??
The picture is the cable connected to the dvd drive.... wanting to know whether the connector for dvd drive can connect to Msi A320m a pro-max motherboard....

The cable that is connected to the DvD drive runs from the Power Supply. Follow it and you will see. Those extra connectors arent anything to worry about. It's an old PSU. A 450W trusted brand is all you need. A GPU isnt all that demanding either. I'm just saying that the fact you dont have one or demanding parts you will be fine

Ziadul87

Reputable
BANNED
which 450W though??

VS450 would be acceptable if you're looking to go cheap. Although a CX450 would last you years without worries.
[Get the grey label VS/CX]

Molly1_2

Commendable
Jul 31, 2020
The cable that is connected to the DvD drive runs from the Power Supply. Follow it and you will see. Those extra connectors arent anything to worry about. It's an old PSU. A 450W trusted brand is all you need. A GPU isnt all that demanding either. I'm just saying that the fact you dont have one or demanding parts you will be fine

" A 450W trusted brand is all you need."
-> Corsair, Thermaltake Litepower and Cooler Master, (any modal of this 3 brand if fine )?

okay, just to clarify again ya.
-> This is will be fine with my build right ?? No shortage of power or short circuit ? and wont blow up? @@
This is my previous rig power supply btw https://postimg.cc/ThN50WXR , think it is still working fine. -> Does this power supply okay for the above build specs?

VS450 would be acceptable if you're looking to go cheap. Although a CX450 would last you years without worries.
[Get the grey label VS/CX]

Corsair vs450 and cx450 all out of stock though....

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
I would consider a 16GB RAM KIt as 8GB even with SSD will basically bottleneck the SSD and your whole system especially the fact it is a very budget CPU. Now a days on Windows 10 a 8GB kit is a cardinal sin. Grab a 16GB at minimum and that is the sweet spot. Good Luck 😎😒

Molly1_2

Commendable
Jul 31, 2020
I would consider a 16GB RAM KIt as 8GB even with SSD will basically bottleneck the SSD and your whole system especially the fact it is a very budget CPU. Now a days on Windows 10 a 8GB kit is a cardinal sin. Grab a 16GB at minimum and that is the sweet spot. Good Luck 😎😒

16GB Ram kit for Athlon 3000G ?? isn't it abit too much though ?? Why does the 8GB will bottleneck to SSD ? As SSD is just for booting up my os, then it will stay idle ? After that ram will come in play for running smoothly for all the programs.

Oddly, it's the same in my local shops too. Although it was in stock a few months ago when I bought it.

1. CV 450 watt-80-plus-bronze, like this one ? RM165 ( 3 Years Warranty )
    2. Thermaltake Litepower 450w RM 122 (1 Year Warranty according the seller respond, although picture state is 2 year Warranty)
    3. Thermaltake Litepower 450w (Another Seller) RM 125, The description state (3 years Warranty) but the picture state 2 year Warranty), not sure which is the truth.
    4. Cooler Master Elite P400 ver3 230v 400w RM113. The cheapest of Cooler Master.
    5. Seasonic s12ii 120mm power-supply 430w 80 plus bronz RM 255. (5 years warranty) Abit expensive though.
    6. Evga supernova 550 gd 80 plus gold 550w RM325. (The minimum is 550w, cant find 400w or 450w).
    7. It seem Antec is not popular in my country. As no review.
How about the number (3) or (2) Thermaltake Litepower 450w, 2 years warranty ? Is consider the cheapest aomg all though. The Thermaltake Litepower 450w can be for R5 3400G + MSi a320m a pro max too ?

Ziadul87

Reputable
BANNED
16GB Ram kit for Athlon 3000G ?? isn't it abit too much though ?? Why does the 8GB will bottleneck to SSD ? As SSD is just for booting up my os, then it will stay idle ? After that ram will come in play for running smoothly for all the programs.

1. CV 450 watt-80-plus-bronze, like this one ? RM165 ( 3 Years Warranty )
    2. Thermaltake Litepower 450w RM 122 (1 Year Warranty according the seller respond, although picture state is 2 year Warranty)
    3. Thermaltake Litepower 450w (Another Seller) RM 125, The description state (3 years Warranty) but the picture state 2 year Warranty), not sure which is the truth.
    4. Cooler Master Elite P400 ver3 230v 400w RM113. The cheapest of Cooler Master.
    5. Seasonic s12ii 120mm power-supply 430w 80 plus bronz RM 255. (5 years warranty) Abit expensive though.
    6. Evga supernova 550 gd 80 plus gold 550w RM325. (The minimum is 550w, cant find 400w or 450w).
    7. It seem Antec is not popular in my country. As no review.
How about the number (3) or (2) Thermaltake Litepower 450w, 2 years warranty ? Is consider the cheapest aomg all though. The Thermaltake Litepower 450w can be for R5 3400G + MSi a320m a pro max too ?
If there were no other choice, I'd go with the S12ii or CV450. The CV 450 might be a slightly better option than S12ii.

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
Oh boy my friend that was a incorrect statement and Tom's gurus know it. What do you mean 16GB is to much for AMD system? Or a 3xxx processor. Every guru here on Tom's that knows adam from eve has minimum 16GB dual channel RAM KIT. Windows and tray apps on their own will eat your memory. Then your left with 4.5GB or so for RAM and CACHE. TLDR

You launch a game the SSD and RAM have to go back and forth because you don't have enough RAM to load the giant maps in games. Also games will stutter with 8GB of ram because the SSD is working instead of the RAM as it runs out has to get rid of the cache and load new textures into memory. Even on the desktop without being a gamer I always recommend 32GB Ram kit unless their poor.

With 32GB kit you can load as many background or tray apps you want like 30 of them for all I care. Then you can open up multiple browsers and apps at the same time without lag and open up 50 tabs on each browser and multitask and it will alll be smooth because with 32GB of RAM you have a large cache where the SSD puts data onto the cache for quicker access later on. Then you have enough RAM where you dont even have to exit out of all your chunky apps and browsers and videos or youtube and launch a game and it wil launch fast using the SSD and all that RAM and quickly transferring information to the CPU and GPU. You can get a 16GB kit for 50 dollars or 60 max. So 32GB kit is pretty much 120 to 140 dollars though because of covid-19 the SSD and RAM prices are going to spike right now. Anyhow with AMD RAM speed matters where intel tops out at 2933Mhz 3200Mhz max. With AMD the faster RAM you have the faster system. So I recommend a 3600Mhz 16GB RAM kit form G.Skill and the RipJaws model. Anyhow any further concerns or question hit me up whenever you like. 😷✌👨🏽‍🦲✝

Ferimer

Distinguished
Oh boy my friend that was a incorrect statement and Tom's gurus know it. What do you mean 16GB is to much for AMD system? Or a 3xxx processor. Every guru here on Tom's that knows adam from eve has minimum 16GB dual channel RAM KIT. Windows and tray apps on their own will eat your memory. Then your left with 4.5GB or so for RAM and CACHE. TLDR

You launch a game the SSD and RAM have to go back and forth because you don't have enough RAM to load the giant maps in games. Also games will stutter with 8GB of ram because the SSD is working instead of the RAM as it runs out has to get rid of the cache and load new textures into memory. Even on the desktop without being a gamer I always recommend 32GB Ram kit unless their poor.

With 32GB kit you can load as many background or tray apps you want like 30 of them for all I care. Then you can open up multiple browsers and apps at the same time without lag and open up 50 tabs on each browser and multitask and it will alll be smooth because with 32GB of RAM you have a large cache where the SSD puts data onto the cache for quicker access later on. Then you have enough RAM where you dont even have to exit out of all your chunky apps and browsers and videos or youtube and launch a game and it wil launch fast using the SSD and all that RAM and quickly transferring information to the CPU and GPU. You can get a 16GB kit for 50 dollars or 60 max. So 32GB kit is pretty much 120 to 140 dollars though because of covid-19 the SSD and RAM prices are going to spike right now. Anyhow with AMD RAM speed matters where intel tops out at 2933Mhz 3200Mhz max. With AMD the faster RAM you have the faster system. So I recommend a 3600Mhz 16GB RAM kit form G.Skill and the RipJaws model. Anyhow any further concerns or question hit me up whenever you like. 😷✌👨🏽‍🦲✝
This OP isn't gaming with this PC. its going to be more of a workstation than anything, they did state that from the start..

hi, The usages are
  • no gaming

So i dont think needing to boost too much ram for it not to be used.

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
This OP isn't gaming with this PC. its going to be more of a workstation than anything, they did state that from the start..

hi, The usages are
  • no gaming

So i dont think needing to boost too much ram for it not to be used.
I so apologize I missed that, and have to many messages to respond to at once so sorry about that. As a workstation; What kind of workstation what will be his usage. Even for basic desktop stuff multi tasking and all your tray apps I recommend minimum 16GB of RAM for Windows 10 and 8GB of RAM for Windows 7 if someone is crazy in the head to use that horrible OS. Windows 10 2004 and in my case I am a Insider Preview team and I have the latest build just got it yesterday. It has added so much it is a kick butt OS and now the fonts are not ugly they are pretty like Linux but more juicy then Linux and not plain interface and what not. Anyhow even for any type of workstation grab a 50 dollars 16GB RAM Kit for Pete's sake. I mean 60 or 70 dollar at maximum. Lets not cheap out on RAM or SSD is my modo. As those two are the key to a snappy system. Even more important then a CPU upgarde or video card upgrade IMO. 💚👶🏽✝✌👨🏽‍🦲

Reactions: Ferimer

Ferimer

Distinguished
I so apologize I missed that, and have to many messages to respond to at once so sorry about that. As a workstation; What kind of workstation what will be his usage. Even for basic desktop stuff multi tasking and all your tray apps I recommend minimum 16GB of RAM for Windows 10 and 8GB of RAM for Windows 7 if someone is crazy in the head to use that horrible OS. Windows 10 2004 and in my case I am a Insider Preview team and I have the latest build just got it yesterday. It has added so much it is a kick butt OS and now the fonts are not ugly they are pretty like Linux but more juicy then Linux and not plain interface and what not. Anyhow even for any type of workstation grab a 50 dollars 16GB RAM Kit for Pete's sake. I mean 60 or 70 dollar at maximum. Lets not cheap out on RAM or SSD is my modo. As those two are the key to a snappy system. Even more important then a CPU upgarde or video card upgrade IMO. 💚👶🏽✝✌👨🏽‍🦲
No worries i just wanted to clarify for the OP so they don't get too confused, judging from some of their posts they have concerns that sound like to me that warrant perhaps they feel slightly overwhelmed with this and don't want anything to break or fail on them too soon.

Reactions: Turtle Rig

Molly1_2

Commendable
Jul 31, 2020
If there were no other choice, I'd go with the S12ii or CV450. The CV 450 might be a slightly better option than S12ii.
Okay... on the side note, do you perhaps thinks that https://postimg.cc/ThN50WXR <- my old power supply may also be sufficient to power up the new rig that i mentioned above (Athlon 3000G ) ?

no worries ~~ so the optimum will be at least 16 GB ram kit ( 32gb if budget allows), does 2666mhz sufficient ?
For the SSD part, SSD cs900 120GB is okay?
on the side note, do you perhaps thinks that https://postimg.cc/ThN50WXR <- my old power supply may also be sufficient to power up the new rig that i mentioned above (Athlon 3000G ) ?
btw https://postimg.cc/svpdH8CN this is my previous build full view

No worries i just wanted to clarify for the OP so they don't get too confused, judging from some of their posts they have concerns that sound like to me that warrant perhaps they feel slightly overwhelmed with this and don't want anything to break or fail on them too soon.

Thank you...
on the side note, do you perhaps thinks that https://postimg.cc/ThN50WXR <- my old power supply may also be sufficient to power up the new rig that i mentioned above (Athlon 3000G ) ?
And The above Athlon 3000G build rig is consider okay ?
btw https://postimg.cc/svpdH8CN this is my previous build full view

Last edited:

Ziadul87

Reputable
BANNED
Okay... on the side note, do you perhaps thinks that https://postimg.cc/ThN50WXR <- my old power supply may also be sufficient to power up the new rig that i mentioned above (Athlon 3000G ) ?

no worries ~~ so the optimum will be at least 16 GB ram kit ( 32gb if budget allows), does 2666mhz sufficient ?
For the SSD part, SSD cs900 120GB is okay?

Thank you...
No, when it comes to old PSUs, it's almost always a big no. And that probably is a very bad PSU to begin with.