This computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. . .

doskido1

Distinguished
May 2, 2016
A few days ago, I was streaming a game on Twitch.tv, and my computer froze. The Error I got was:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 (0xffffe000f410e000, 0x0000000000000000, 0xffffd0005d506911, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000.

I thought it was just a fluke crash, so I didn't pay it any mind. But today, it happened again while playing the same game and streaming, so I am worried now. I got the same error as before with the ". . .rebooted from bugcheck" message.

Any ideas? It says memory, so maybe it's the memory? I really don't know. I just recently built this computer six weeks ago. The RAM I've had for about three weeks.

Please let me know if any of you have any ideas on what the issue is!

M5A99FX PRO R2.0 ASUS Motherboard
Radeon R9 390 8GB DDR5
AMD FX-8370 ~4.0 GHz
Corsair H75 Liquid CPU Cooler
AX860 Corsair PSU
32 GB 1600hz DDR3 Corsair Vengeance RAM

Solution
The error you showed me from who crashed could have been caused by the gpu driver trying to access memory that doesn't exist or wasn't its to access. The dump files i was asking for would have at least the same amount of info as the print out from whocrashed and should reveal more.

Its up to you, wait and see if drivers fixed it and if not, create a dump following those steps and link it here, and we help you fix it. There is no rush :)

doskido1

Distinguished
May 2, 2016

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Tue 5/3/2016 12:44:57 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: Unknown (0xFFFFE000F410E000)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFE000F410E000, 0x0, 0xFFFFD0005D506911, 0x0)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error.
Google query: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

So if it's not hardware, that's a relief. But, does this mean that I need to reinstall drivers? Is it possible that it's a virus?

doskido1

Distinguished
May 2, 2016

All mobo drivers are up to date as well as my BIOS version.

I'm not sure what instructions I follow. The instructions say how to configure your OS to create a dump file or not to create a dump file. Do you mean for me to upload the MEMORY.DMP file to a cloud?

Also, I downloaded the latest version of my graphics driver that was released on the very day that I had my first freeze. To add onto that, the game that I was playing where it happened both times had a hotfix on that same day (4/28). Is it possible for an out of date driver to freeze your computer even if it is just one patch behind?

Colif

Win 11 Master
I should have been clearer...

Do steps 1 to 6 under Configure Dump File Settings in Start-up and Recovery
then follow the instructions to Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

then locate the file in C://Windows/miniidump folder and upload this file to a cloud server and share that link.

that is nice coincidence there. Does patch mention anything about fixing graphical bugs? Does the Crimson driver mention anything about the game? Do either of them fix your problem, that is main question really :)

doskido1

Distinguished
May 2, 2016

So, do I have to wait until the crash happens again in order for it to do the minidump (I followed all the steps)? Also, I never actually got a BSOD-- the computer just froze both times, resulting in needed a hard restart. But, I don't know if that matters.

Since there was a full week between crashes, I guess it might take awhile for it to happen again. Hopefully, it was the graphics driver being out of date that made my system screwy. I noticed that the game lagged at certain points during loading that it didn't do before the patch.

Is that possible for a graphics driver to do a hard freeze on the computer like that? No BSOD or GSOD-- it was just a freeze :\.

Colif

Win 11 Master
The error you showed me from who crashed could have been caused by the gpu driver trying to access memory that doesn't exist or wasn't its to access. The dump files i was asking for would have at least the same amount of info as the print out from whocrashed and should reveal more.

Its up to you, wait and see if drivers fixed it and if not, create a dump following those steps and link it here, and we help you fix it. There is no rush :)

Solution

doskido1

Distinguished
May 2, 2016

Do I have to wait until the computer crashes again to upload the file, or do I just have to restart?

doskido1

Distinguished
May 2, 2016

So, I restarted my computer. Is it the MEMORY.DMP file that I upload?

doskido1

Distinguished
May 2, 2016

For some reason the minidump file is empty. :\

I did those steps on the website just as they say.

doskido1

Distinguished
May 2, 2016

If the computer crashes again, then I'll post the minidump file here right after. But, yeah, let's hope that it doesn't. :D