This CPU compatible with this motherboard?

becontroller

Prominent
Oct 10, 2017
Hello,i have an intel core i5 7400 and a corsair vengance LPX 8GB 2400 Mhz DDR4.Now i only need a good ATX motherboard.I was looking for the Z chipsets because i am looking forward in the future for a better upgrade of my CPU.My pocket was really tight and i couldnt buy a better cpu than that.Im gonna try it out for a couple of months,if i see that it is too slow for my daily gaming and overall use im gonna upgrade it for an overclockable (Like the 7600K).

Currently i need a board with Z chipset because as i said before i am looking for my future upgrades.Would be fully compatible,cpu and board except the overclocking stuff?

I'm looking for this board MSI Z170A SLI PLUS or other similar.

Solution
Yes, completely compatible AS LONG AS that Z170 motherboard had it's BIOS updated to support 7th gen chips. Otherwise it won't work.

With that said, you can aim at Z270 MOBOs so you don't have to worry about that update, they natively run SkyLake CPUs.

manddy123

Admirable
Yes, completely compatible AS LONG AS that Z170 motherboard had it's BIOS updated to support 7th gen chips. Otherwise it won't work.

With that said, you can aim at Z270 MOBOs so you don't have to worry about that update, they natively run SkyLake CPUs.

Solution

becontroller

Prominent
Oct 10, 2017

Thanks for reply,i would like to know how i can bios update it.

becontroller

Prominent
Oct 10, 2017

I dont have a 6th gen cpu,i only have 3rd gen currently.

Well forget it.

Why take that headache to upgrade bios? haha

I deciding now for this board.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING It says supports 7th gen Kabylake.So i wont have any problems,right?

How good is this board for gaming? Can i run it at RAM 2400 Mhz?

manddy123

Admirable

Great. Yes it can, it support overclocking the RAM up to 3866MHz, absolutely no problems there, :)