this Forum needs an individual AI division/branch/sector/area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 14, 2023
It`s not like i am not sceptical about the risks that AI has, but it would be tragic if this awesome forum would not implement a section exclusively for AI topic because it will probably be a thing in our future ( i am NOT working for Cyberdyne Sytems). The thing is i have been searching the web for AI stuff the last 2 weeks and was allways referred to reddit or Youtube.
And reddit sucks. I made my first account there today and was not able to find the right sub"forum" to post my questions. Reddit is extremely counterintuitive and the visual design and usability is beyond words in a negative sense. I just joined there because it has the largst userbase (which can be a bad thing obviously). So i "ended" up here.
Back to the AI topic.
AI is significant right now and it will be for some time.
It would be a smart move to implement it here ( not AI itself but a possibility to ask questions about it and give answers to these question).

just my 2cts

Reddit removes the ability to post counter-arguments to popular opinion. Most sub-Reddits have zero tolerance for going against their status quo. It's a hostile environment if you want to think critically and challenge popular opinions in niche communities. One unpopular opinion and you lose your ability to post anymore.

Start an AI thread here. See where it goes.

At a glance, AI can help humanity in countless ways. It can create safer environments, increase productivity, and help with scientific research. However, end game, it can also replace the free will of humans altogether. I have no doubt in the ability of man to create a machine that can control the human mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jasonandson
Apr 14, 2023
about reddit: until today i was just an observer. Then i asked chatgpt about PC forums with the most active users and reddit was nr.1 so i made an account and tried to post an innocent question. This is what i wanted to know:
"(This is the first time i use reddit as an active user, and i dont know if i am doing it right, pls dont rip my head off)
to the topic: i am flabbergastered that it is so hard to find this:
A software that runs on windows 7 that is able to do TTS (Text-to-Speech) , does not require an internet connection to run and is capable of producing high quality TTS.
I searched for hours and Balabolka seems to be what i need, but the Voices either suck or cannot be used allthough they are listed. I downloaded some Voices and can select them but an error occurs when i want to use them "class not registered" or something like that.
So can you name an alternative to Balabolka that meet my requirements?
Or can you tell me the names of some good Voices (American english male and female) that i can definitely use in Balabolka in windows 7 , if done right.
I thought there was an abundance of software like that and would operate like a DAW and the voices would be like vst plugins.
Anyways i would appreciate your help a lot.
Thanks in advance"

I cannot tell if i am just too smart to get down to the imbecile level of reddit structure and asked my question in the wrong subforum (if that even applies to reddit because the structure is not a structure that a reasonable human should be able to comprehend) or if i was not submissive enough.
I heard about the toxic environment in reddit 5 years ago and it got worse since then i assume.
Anyways my thread was rejected multiple times in multiple "subfora" (pcmasterrace, pcquestions bla bla...)

I think that i will stick around here and see what happens. I have a good feeling about this forum from what i have experienced in such a short time here.

But AI definately needs a "Subforum" here on this site. (and i am usually not the guy that goes with time whatever that might be in the moment. )

Last edited by a moderator:
Helpful hint, I would suggest you create a new question thread related to Text to Speech software for Windows 7. The topic of this thread is not going to attract many answers to your specific question. Other than that, I am not familiar with text-to-speech software. Chat-GPT mentioned Natural Reader as another text-to-speech software.

Reactions: Jasonandson
Apr 14, 2023
Helpful hint, I would suggest you create a new question thread related to Text to Speech software for Windows 7. The topic of this thread is not going to attract many answers to your specific question.
First of all . I highly appreciate all of your replies and contributions to my posts/thread!
My gratitude will haunt you forever.
Fun fact: I was actually thinking it would get more traction if i put it in a subforum with more daily activity (since many ppl abadoned windows 7).

Another Fun fact. Natural reader was suggested to me as well (but by chatgpt3.5 or a mockup of that because who knows what is really behind the curtain). And natural reader is what i would like to use on a pc.
I even found a tutorial how to use python and a free API to enable very sophisticated TTS but it is not very user friendly (command lines and no point and click).

Status
Not open for further replies.