This is McDonald's McGuide to Getting on McWi-Fi

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rebturtle

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2001
[citation][nom]ReggieRay[/nom]First off I'm surprised it is not in Spanish too. With said, Wal-Mart and McDonald's patrons are basically the same group of people (Obama voters) and I doubt half of them could even read the instructions.[/citation]

Wow, someone needs to travel more. Ever been East of the the Rockies? It's safe to say liberals aren't single-handedly keeping Wal-Mart, McDonalds, Dollar General, or Pancake House in business.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
[citation][nom]ReggieRay[/nom]First off I'm surprised it is not in Spanish too. With said, Wal-Mart and McDonald's patrons are basically the same group of people (Obama voters) and I doubt half of them could even read the instructions.[/citation]

You know, I would think it was start to become embarrassing to be publicly presenting yourself as a Tea Bagger Terrorist. By all means, leave my country.

c'mon reggie, you've been so much better lately, leaving obama comments out of tech articles.

This is great. I can't wait until my local McDonald's has this set up. On hot days, I take my 6 yr old daughter to the only one in town with an indoor playland. We spend up to a couple of hours there. I get really really bored so this is great news.

Thanks McDonald's. If you can't improve the poor quality of the food, at least I can pass the time better while my child plays.

deltatux

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
You don't need that guide, just connect to the open WiFi and you're good to go. At least that's what they do in Canada, not sure about US.

[citation][nom]thrasher32[/nom]Actually although I'm sure he did vote for Bush, he actually admitted to casting a vote for Sarah Palin, which is even scarier.[/citation]

and i will bet he is routing for Michelle Bachman in 2012 LOL

liveonc

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
I can picture robocop with his desktop PC powered by his UPS in his backpack running Windows 98 needing this, or McDonald's one day helping Linux users connect to their Wi-Fi on a million different flavas of Linux, with a Yellow Pages sized McManual... ;-)

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
Come on, you don't need to manually configure the DNS or anything... is it seriously that complicated? That'll scare off a lot of noobs for sure...

kristoffe

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2010
I think it's great McD's even bothered to make the directions. They look really easy to follow. It's a good guide for general wifi connection for everyone who is new to it. Then again, they're killing themselves with food, but gaining knowledge at the same time.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
The percentage of Linux users is very low. The percentage of Linux users who doesn't know how to setup a Wi-Fi must be near non-existent! So, IMHO, they didn't forget anyone.

davewolfgang

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
Here's the thing I find funny.

If you even HAVE a wifi device that you actually want to take into a McD's - you probably already know how to connect it up to any wifi.

If you're the type that doesn't know - 99.9% chance, you aren't going to be bringing it into a McD's anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.