This is the First Video Shot With Google Glass

Status
Not open for further replies.

lahawzel

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
A toast to this proof of concept for bringing Project Glass one step closer to completion!

*waits patiently for the world to become just like Dennou Coil*

dauntekong

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
The quality is not bad at all considering the size of the glasses. I'll be sure to get this once it's out. perfect for outdoor hiking and climbing. Good replacement for my big GoCam.

Johmama

Honorable
Aug 24, 2012
The camera is cool and everything, but the main feature I really want is the head-mounted display. I can't wait until this gets finished and available to the general public. What I am really excited for is when something like this isn't just a display, but also a computer (as of right now, I'm pretty sure Glass is going to just be a display and camera, but I'm not sure; I could be completely wrong [and I hope I am]).

[citation][nom]Johmama[/nom]The camera is cool and everything, but the main feature I really want is the head-mounted display. I can't wait until this gets finished and available to the general public. What I am really excited for is when something like this isn't just a display, but also a computer (as of right now, I'm pretty sure Glass is going to just be a display and camera, but I'm not sure; I could be completely wrong [and I hope I am]).[/citation]
First time I saw a demo with Glass it was about integrating the feed from the camera with the additional info that comes from other apps, like Maps etc., so it would actually confer a utilitarian HUD for the user. It comes along nicely, but it's not there yet.

caparc

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2009
How is this going to work if most people are stuck with 2GB of bandwidth per month? A HUD sounds interesting. More and more police are using 'body worn' cameras. May be those will start to go live so the police chief can be in on all the action from the station house. (I've been using a concealed helmet mounted camera for protection from neighbors and local police who are upset because I won't let them and their buddies trespass on my property. Here is a $38 Chinese keychain camera recording 3 police officers confronting a landowner. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luF4KLhPydc )

ethanolson

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
Lady Gaga designed video camera glasses with Polaroid before Google ever mentioned glass. Until this thing gets a HUD, I'm thinking Lady Gaga wins.

[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]Don't like it, gives me slight motion sickness.[/citation]
These Glass videos have taught me that our brains do a helluva lot of processing without us knowing it to stabilize the image our eyes send to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.