This is the World's Largest Multi-Touch Display Wall

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

i wonder how many and which graphics card does it need to power this thing?

luciferano

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
[citation][nom]enthusiasts[/nom]i wonder how many and which graphics card does it need to power this thing?[/citation]

If I had to guess, I'd guess that it uses four graphics cards, but like I said, that's just a guess. Six displays per graphics card isn't rare (especially for professional AMD cards as this might be using) and any hardware that might be used for running multiple displays per port is extremely expensive, more so than just buying four low end graphics cards, so four is a likely number IMO.

molochaii

Honorable
Sep 30, 2012
Luciferano: There is no limitation on the tracking, apart from the physical limitations. I've seen these screens work just fine with about 100 fingers (10 people) and then they ran out of space to put the hands. The tracking is done independently per screen, so stacking 24 of these screens together means you'll be able to fit about 2400 fingers on there and you'd still have good tracking.

Thorkle: they just released a new version of those screens without the bezels (check www.multitaction.com)

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
It kind of reminds me of when I was a kid they had these "science" displays at Epcot where you could touch a screen and it would light up, or where they had images that were about as good as early 1990s HD.

I guess it looks cool, but people will look back on it and go.... "WoW I was impressed by that..."

ipwn3r456

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
[citation][nom]enthusiasts[/nom]i wonder how many and which graphics card does it need to power this thing?[/citation]

I think 4 way CrossfireX HD 5870 Eyefinity 6 Edition should be enough...

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
Are you serious? My local Microsoft store has a larger display. Probably 2x30 (that's 60 displays if you can do the math). Through some advanced factoring techniques I was able to determine that the likely configuration of this display was the two non-prime factors 6 and 4, or 8 and (prime) 3, (the product of 6 and 4, or 8 and 3, being 24 if you have your calculator handy) Who thought is was large? I've seen bigger displays multiple times (the Christmas tree in Grand Central a couple years ago, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.