This is What Internet Explorer 9 Might Look Like

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ravewulf

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]cekasone[/nom]Give the average user IE9 for a month, and that minimalist look will be ruined by 20 tool bars.[/citation]
This is my parents. Particularly my mom. 4-5 toolbars open all the time. I changed IE8 to use icon only mode and hide the favorites bar so I just have the URL/search box bar and the tab bar (I also use the Vista-Aero theme with Tab Kit in FF to mimic that style).

What is tech savvy, exactly, about using a browser other than IE? They're just simple apps with plug ins (installing a plug in does not make you tech savvy), IE is probably the most difficult of all to understand because of its pinnings to other Microsoft applications.

And how exactly would you "use another browser" on a freshly installed system without any browser there? Please inform us of how the average user (single PC system) would go to a friends house to download their browser, put it on a thumb drive to then install it into their browser-less fresh Windows load. When you freshly load / unpack a PC you need ~something~ there to download anything, it becomes a catch 22. "Ohh I'm so glad MS didn't include that nasty IE with their OS, now I can just goto www.mozilla.com and download ... ohh ... wait ... umm ......". I think it was once posted that the most common use for IE6 was to visit www.mozilla.com to download FF (this was before Chrome).

crom

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2007
They only way I would even be tempted to use IE9 is if they did the following:

-Get the javascript in it rendering on the same speed as the webkit browsers
-Allow me to customize the look and feel of the UI in the browser
-Make it 100% compliant to the W3C, including CSS3 compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.