This Is What PC Gamers Need For Dragon Age: Inquisition

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drejeck

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013
Origins was such a good game. I was really sad when I finally ended it. Doesn't have the replay value of Neverwinter Nights, but the plot twists are so cool... Origins and the awakening are awesome.

I think the system requirements are too much for the screenshot I saw or maybe it's not representative of the finest quality.

beavermml

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2010
i really intrigued by the minimum and recommended spec they always put it.. they also SHOULD stated at what resolution they test with..

is the minimum spec will get us comfortable FPS rate at 1024x768 or what?

Innocent_Bystander

Honorable
May 2, 2013
Sounds like my system is right down the middle of between minimum and recommended. I don't have half a terabyte of video memory, I'll have to manage with 1GB, but I'll do my best :)

f-14

Distinguished
here is what you need internet connection & Xbox console or PlayStation console

get outta here with that pc requirements nonsense a geforce gt8600 can still play this game at 1080p and 30fps. i'm pretty sure any 2005 pc can play this.

with the exception of combat simulators, nobody else makes games for pc's any more. it costs too much and doesn't do as much volume sales because kids can't afford a gaming pc any more and computers aren't as mobile as all in one cellphone.

pc's are dying if they don't go 100% mobile soon

fcabanski

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2011
I have been building a part list for a new PC. The kind folks here and on PCPartpicker have improved it, and now it's final. But I still haven't purchased the parts. My 6+ year old PC is still running games at an acceptable level. Installing Windows 8.1 removed some problems I was having (in XP) with the sound card, and the PC now boots in about 10 seconds. I don't think I need a new PC at the moment.

Christopher1

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
here is what you need internet connection & Xbox console or PlayStation console

get outta here with that pc requirements nonsense a geforce gt8600 can still play this game at 1080p and 30fps. i'm pretty sure any 2005 pc can play this.

with the exception of combat simulators, nobody else makes games for pc's any more. it costs too much and doesn't do as much volume sales because kids can't afford a gaming pc any more and computers aren't as mobile as all in one cellphone.

pc's are dying if they don't go 100% mobile soon

You joking? My 9800M GTS in my P-7811FX would CHOKE on this game at 1920*1080. Maybe at 720p or a little above it would be able to be playable at 30 fps, not at any higher settings even with turning off all the graphical candy.
Hell, in order to play Arkham City on my P-7811FX I have to turn off all the settings in the thing, including V-Sync, and put the resolution at 1280*800 to get even minorly acceptable framerates.

Textfield

Honorable
Jun 23, 2013
Wierd that the min requirement for the CPU is so high (64-bit quad core) but the min requirement for the GPU is so low. Intense AI or something?

smarsrich

Reputable
Jun 3, 2014
Can anyone tell me if my i5-2500K cpu will be enough for the recommended spec for DAI?
The specs for my MOB,GPU,PSU, and RAM, are more................. than enough for the game, but not so sure about my cpu.

smarsrich

Reputable
Jun 3, 2014

Thanks for your reply! I also have an i7-2600 (non-K) 3.40 w/hyper threading and 8 cache in another computer that I was thinking of swapping out with my mail computer, instead of the i5-2500K, but if you think the i5 is good, I will leave it as is.
Thanks again!

dhornbrook

Reputable
May 22, 2014
To bad its not April 1st. Because 512 Gb of RAM on video card requirement would be good fools joke. It should be 512 Mb of RAM. Octane Rendering Engine would love it though. Not to mention some of the other render engines. You could load a lot of info into video cards to render at a time. Nvidia new render server doesn't even have that much RAM. Hmmmm . Nvidia Titan Overkill Black Edition. comes with 512 GB of blazing fast RAM and 16 processors large water block. Requires a radiator the size of a small car to cool (not included). Estimated value $50000. Intel is furious because Nvidia builds video card that excludes the need for their slow processors and the buggy chipsets.

Status
Not open for further replies.