This New PC Case Turns Your Tower Into Seashell

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dread_cthulhu

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
Hm... Nautilus anyone? I thing this looks kinda cool. Give it some bright green LED fans and it'd be a creepy looking thing! Non-euclidean geometry anyone?

fir_ser

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
Cool looking case with a more natural look than the traditional cases, but I prefer a case made from renewable natural materials.

kinggremlin

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
[citation][nom]TopGun[/nom]Since when is a seashell cool? What's next...a butterfly or pony shaped case? Does it come in pink?Different shaped case is a good idea, but I'd want a tough or cool-looking one...not a seashell.[/citation]

When did things related to the ocean become synonymous with gay or feminine?

http://www.duban.sk/HighEnd2004/B&W Nautilus 2.jpg

I doubt B&W is targeting these $60k speakers to women and gays.

Minus the LED kit, a case like this would look great in a corporate office as opposed to a "tough" case which would look completely tacky and out of place.

Prey

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2006
[citation][nom]dalta centauri[/nom]Specifically for someone like me who enjoys the sea. You'd be surprised how popular this would be for both genders, and I'm surprised you couldn't even give an example of your tough looking case.For someone who grew up by the water all his life I enjoy this case.[/citation]
Keep in mind Zerotherm made a cooler in the shape of a butterfly, and that case has been out before.

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
[citation][nom]TopGun[/nom]Since when is a seashell cool? What's next...a butterfly or pony shaped case? Does it come in pink?Different shaped case is a good idea, but I'd want a tough or cool-looking one...not a seashell.[/citation]
Take a look at the Cooler Master line if you want "tough" military-grade cases. They sure have made a lot of them.

tomsresults

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2011

Methinks the gentleman doth protest too much. We're random strangers on the internet, yet his masculinity is so threatened by the very *existence* of a computer case that isn't "tough or cool-looking" enough to convince the imaginary admirers in his head that he too is tough and cool-looking, that even with a nick like "TopGun" he has to make a big show of being too *manly* for what is, essentially, a box.

It saddens me greatly that there are people out there that are either actually of low enough worth (or simply believe that they are) that this is even an issue.

TopGun

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]tomsresults[/nom]Methinks the gentleman doth protest too much. We're random strangers on the internet, yet his masculinity is so threatened by the very *existence* of a computer case that isn't "tough or cool-looking" enough to convince the imaginary admirers in his head that he too is tough and cool-looking, that even with a nick like "TopGun" he has to make a big show of being too *manly* for what is, essentially, a box.It saddens me greatly that there are people out there that are either actually of low enough worth (or simply believe that they are) that this is even an issue.[/citation]

Actually, the nickname was given to me.

I just wanted to point out in a very opinionated way how I think the design of this case does not appeal to (imo) the vast majority of its (imo) probable intended market. I want a case that has a style appealing to me...not any imaginary admirers.

Also, an attack on me for stating my opinion doesn't sadden me...it offends. If there are any other pink butterfly or pony lovers out there, I apologize for my lack of sensitivity...I was trying to make a point to Lian-Li concerning their target audience/customer.

In case you are still concerned about my manliness or (self?)worth...please know that my imaginary admirers think I am plenty tough and cool-looking enough for any random strangers on the internet. :)

dalta centauri

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010

That's what we call a deranged cyber psychiopath! You have imaginary admirers that think of yourself optimistically to combat the insanity :/

dalmvern

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2011
I think this is a cool concept, but looking at the inside, it seems more aesthetic than anything else. A true seashell design would incorporate the larger components on the outside compartment and as the seashell twists incorporate the smaller components.

Cheers @ Fibonacci!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS