This PC Stick Has Dual-Core SoC, 1 GB RAM, Android 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
[citation][nom]ojas[/nom]Yay another "PC" on a stick. I mean it has an SoC for heaven's sake.Just call it a computer-on-a-stick and leave it at that.[/citation]
Would that not be redundant as PC is an abbreviation for Personal Computer?

Northwestern

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
[citation][nom]outlw6669[/nom]Would that not be redundant as PC is an abbreviation for Personal Computer?[/citation]
You mean "Personalized Computing"?

threehosts

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012
I found it quite interesting when I first saw the Raspberry Pi. I like it but I somehow find it a little stingy with only 256MB of RAM and a mere single-core CPU. Then came along the ODROID-X and the Pandaboard which started to make a lot more sense to me, until I really looked into the price tag.

Once you include the peripherals needed for a useful setup it dawned on me that you can get a pretty capable system comprising a microATX or miniITX motherboard and a full-blown multicore CPU for around the same price.

So such a DYI system only makes sense if you have a need for high portability, too bad that they don't offer good configurations with proper Li-Ion casings. I for one wouldn't mind building myself a portable media player with a large 2.5" SSD disk (or perhaps a USB stick) and a 5100mAh battery slapped onto it. The only problem though seems to be that they probably are not so optimized for low power applications.

[citation][nom]Northwestern[/nom]You mean "Personalized Computing"?[/citation]
Just because Intel wants to redefine PC as Personal Computing does not mean we must or will.
PC has meant Personal Computer since the early 1960's; I for one will not change that definition only because Intel wants to sell more overpriced Atom chips and servers.

Northwestern

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
[citation][nom]outlw6669[/nom]Just because Intel wants to redefine PC as Personal Computing does not mean we must or will.PC has meant Personal Computer since the early 1960's; I for one will not change that definition only because Intel wants to sell more overpriced Atom chips and servers.[/citation]
I'm aware, I was just poking fun at the fact Microsoft (Not Intel) thought they could make the whole technological sector change the definition of an acronym that has been used since Bill Gates was in elementary school.

G

Can you imagine if this appeared 50-60 years ago?

It'd be locked up in Area 51 with the ufo.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]outlw6669[/nom]Would that not be redundant as PC is an abbreviation for Personal Computer?[/citation]
No, no. i strictly use PC to mean IBM PC compatible.

Otherwise stuff just gets lost in media and marketing hype.

G

PC = Personal Computer. OBVIOUSLY this is a Personal Computer. And even can not be more personal than this. We also can say... Portable Computer or new LapTop generation... anyway it's amazing. If you don't have a Mini PC Stick on your TV, you are old, LOL

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
Impressive how they can fit in all those stuffs in that small bundle. The usb port would most likely be taken up by a dongle for wireless mouse/keyboard combo.

G

Or you could just plug a USB Hub into the free port and have as many ports from there as you need.

G

Please, don't compare ZERO Devices with unbranded products made in China. The UG802 is rubbish, bad working and general bad quality, also just 1 USB port free and less storage. This is like compare iPad with a FlyTouch... please...

jr1

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012
It's a good idea reserve ZERO Devices Z2C, I think it will be updated to Android 4.1 before shipping. You will see...

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]outlw6669[/nom]Just because Intel wants to redefine PC as Personal Computing does not mean we must or will.PC has meant Personal Computer since the early 1960's; I for one will not change that definition only because Intel wants to sell more overpriced Atom chips and servers.[/citation]
BTW that was MS' definition.

Status
Not open for further replies.