This piece of junk is soon facing the pavement.. Please help before I go insane!

Monkeybuttocks

Reputable
Dec 10, 2015
Well, for the life of me, I cannot seem to get around reinstalling Windows 7 on my Acer Aspire E15. It came with pre-installed Windows 8.1 when I bought it in late october, and in a weak moment, I installed Windows 10, which made it slow af, not to mention all the shitty software from Acer itself. So I wanted to go back to Win 7, to hopefully get some juice out of my seemingly old jam.

I've tried to make a USB-bootable decive with both Rufus, Windows 7 USB Download Tool and WinSetupFromUsb with 2 different USB-sticks, but none of them will get me further into the installation than just after "Windows is loading files" with the loadingbar and then the next screen freezes..
Anyone have any idea of what I am doing wrong? Does it have anything to do with the way the hard-drive is set up or summin?
I've used 20 hrs+, so a solution would be MUCH appreciated.

Solution
Your question was confusing...

1. PC came with Windows 8.1
2. Upgraded to Windows 10
3. Tried 2 Go Back to Windows 7

In any event... it's obvious what your problem is. Windows is designed to "forward" and install the latest O/S... there are problems when you try to go back.. From my understanding... the Boot Loader files of newer O/S's are mean to handle older versions... but not in reverse... So what you need to do, assuming I'm correct, is to Start off completely clean. That means DELETING all your partitions and creating a BRAND NEW ONE... then you should be able to proceed without any problems.

SBMfromLA

Distinguished
Your question was confusing...

1. PC came with Windows 8.1
2. Upgraded to Windows 10
3. Tried 2 Go Back to Windows 7

In any event... it's obvious what your problem is. Windows is designed to "forward" and install the latest O/S... there are problems when you try to go back.. From my understanding... the Boot Loader files of newer O/S's are mean to handle older versions... but not in reverse... So what you need to do, assuming I'm correct, is to Start off completely clean. That means DELETING all your partitions and creating a BRAND NEW ONE... then you should be able to proceed without any problems.

Solution