This setup any good?

Jun 3, 2018
Fx 6100 hex core
8gb ddr3 (plenty enough for gaming)
Asus motherboard (very reliable )
500watt psu (future proof with more powerful graphics cards)
White spectre case
500gb hd with a fresh install of Windows 10 pro

How much is this worth ?

Jun 3, 2018
So it’s no good?
I’ve been offered it for £240 he claims it can run all games!
I am no good with the tech side of pcs so just needing advice, what would need upgrading and would it run all games ?

bignastyid

Titan
$350 is way too generous I'm thinking more like $100(maybe $150 if the OS is legit). Unknown PSU, 500w tells us nothing about it's quality, could be a cheap unit that goes full light and smoke show at 75% load. Cpu is a faildozer, no dedicated gpu. Case could be a cheap CiT Spectre and if the PSU is the CiT that came with the case then its a very poor quality unit.

This link - https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/cRzbLJ

I quickly put together a computer that is a lot more powerful than the one you just put up and its £320 - brand new.
Requires Windows 10 to be installed, which can be installed for less than £20 (legit copy).

All fully upgradable when you get more funds.

Ideally you would want to buy a new graphics card,but the one in built will sort you in low resolution with out any problems.
When you get a spare £100-150 you can get a better graphics card

bignastyid

Titan
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor (£77.99 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: ASRock - A320M-HDV Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (£43.97 @ Ebuyer)
Memory: Patriot - Viper 4 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (£83.99 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£34.79 @ Aria PC)
Case: BitFenix - Nova ATX Mid Tower Case (£29.94 @ Aria PC)
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM (2015) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (£49.99 @ Corsair UK)
Total: £320.67
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-06-03 13:27 BST+0100

Better system all around. You can run win 10 home unactivated till you can afford 80 quid for a legit license sold from a licensed re-seller.

bignastyid

Titan

3 problems.
1. Ryzen likes fast ram due to the nature of the Infinity fabric especially when using an APU as the GPU will be using system ram, so using slow ram with Ryzen will negatively impact performance.

2. You will not find a legit product key for 20 quid or less, you'll find those on shady grey key sites and places like fleabay where many end up with deactivated keys for various reasons . A legit version of Win 10 will start at ~80 quid. If you buy a Windows key from a invalid reseller and the key doesn't work Microsoft will not help you.

3. That's an old model CX and is not good or reliable.

1, yes i was keeping his budget lower for a gpu upgrade
2, yes you can, you are wrong. As much as you want to believe that you're getting ripped off, many people who are reputable people support certain websites that can offer you cheaper key prices. There are always shady websites in the world. You just follow the sheep in that view. I have purchased over 20 original windows 10 keys - never had a problem from the website I use.
3, true, good catch
4, your hard disk choice is not good at all, he should have a hybrid to get decent speed out of windows.

bignastyid

Titan
I have a hybrid drive and for most things it's not any faster than an standard HDD as the SSD part of them are relatively small. When on a budget the money is better spent on faster ram(especially with a Ryzen system) and a better PSU.

There are multiple examples here and on other forums of people getting ripped off by cheap keys sites, in the long run it's a better investment to buy from a legitimate Microsoft reseller.

Jun 3, 2018
Fx 6100 hex core
8gb ddr3 (plenty enough for gaming)
Asus motherboard (very reliable )
500watt psu EVGA
White spectre case
500gb hd with a fresh install of Windows 10 pro
graphics card: AMD Radeon he 6950
Comes with key board, mouse, and monitor,
Can get it now for £190 is this with it and will it runs games like fort nite etc?

Yeah it will run Fortnite, we don't know what the make of monitor is, but if you want it, get it. Is the monitor 1080p or 720p?
Just remember - THIS IS A NON UPGRADABLE COMPUTER -
There is NOTHING you can do to make this computer faster....
The link below is from a website where you put in your specs and it tells you how good it is at running that game

http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=4521&game=Fortnite&p_make=AMD&p_deriv=FX-6300&gc_make=ATI&gc_deriv=Radeon+HD+6950&ram=8&checkSubmit=#systemRequirements

bignastyid

Titan

That is entirely incorrect. That system can be upgraded and made faster. The cpu could be upgraded to a Piledriver CPU like a FX 8320e or 8730e, More ram could be added as most AM3+ board support atleast 16Gb of DDR3. An SSD could be added, the PSU and GPU are also both upgradable. Whether or not the upgrade(s) would be worth the cost does not mean it's not upgradable.

You are just being pedantic
The computer can and will never be economical to upgrade and therefore it is non upgradable.