[SOLVED] This worked to well?

Sep 8, 2019
So I had a old PC I built in 2012-13 it was a
FX6300
Gtx960
MSI 760gm P23fx mobo
Ddr3 ram 16gb

I got in offerup a i7 6700k and a Asus z170APRO mobo with ddr4 ram 16gb for only 180$ for the set

I swapped all my new parts into pc and connected old existing components

I booted expecting needing to reinstall windows due to new Mobo

My pc booted said downloading new devices and booted into my windows just fine.

Now everywhere I read this isn’t supposed to happen this easy I’ve been using it for about 4 hours no issues or crashes

Am I gonna get some kind of system fatal error or issue coming at me soon since I didn’t clean install windows on my new MOBO ?

This went suspiciously to well.

Solution
I have SSDS and mv2s however how do I backup my apps and than install windows on the same SSD that the apps are on without deleting said apps. It generally makes me delete all data on a SSD before installing windows clean.
Well stuff like Steam games (saves) should be fine since they use a cloud type service so you can delete those then do the reinstall. If your running mods make sure to make a list of the mods and the load order.

Family pictures and stuff like that you'll need to backup on an empty drive or use a online service. For me I have so few files that I can literally fit everything I need onto a 16gb flash drive.
Sep 8, 2019
It may work fine for now but eventually you will experience poor performance due to conflicting motherboard drivers, the fix is to reinstall Windows.
So as I’m logged in it says on the bottom icon try installing intel z a bunch of numbers chipset restate is required after. Will I have issues after I restart with the new drivers installed should I manually uninstall the old Mobo drivers or just clean install

WildCard999

Titan
So as I’m logged in it says on the bottom icon try installing intel z a bunch of numbers chipset restate is required after. Will I have issues after I restart with the new drivers installed should I manually uninstall the old Mobo drivers or just clean install
Sounds like Windows is attempting to get the correct motherboard drivers. You could manually get them but it won't fix the eventual performance issues later on.

Honestly I'd backup any important files then do a clean install. As long as your using a SSD & have decent internet speeds it shouldn't take long.

Sep 8, 2019
Sounds like Windows is attempting to get the correct motherboard drivers. You could manually get them but it won't fix the eventual performance issues later on.

Honestly I'd backup any important files then do a clean install. As long as your using a SSD & have decent internet speeds it shouldn't take long.

I have SSDS and mv2s however how do I backup my apps and than install windows on the same SSD that the apps are on without deleting said apps. It generally makes me delete all data on a SSD before installing windows clean.

WildCard999

Titan
Well stuff like Steam games (saves) should be fine since they use a cloud type service so you can delete those then do the reinstall. If your running mods make sure to make a list of the mods and the load order.

Family pictures and stuff like that you'll need to backup on an empty drive or use a online service. For me I have so few files that I can literally fit everything I need onto a 16gb flash drive.

Solution