[SOLVED] Thoughts? ASUS ROG STRIX Z590-E

airjocky2

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
I was looking into getting an ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 for a new build and came across and bought instead an ASUS ROG STRIX Z590-E for use with an i9-10900k. I grabbed it because I thought it might be better but honestly I don’t know anything about it and am kinda new to building. Did I make an ok choice? It says it’s LG1200 so I assume it will work with my CPU. Am I missing anything that would get in the way with compatibility? Unfortunately pcpartpicker doesn’t have this z590 (or any actually) to check for compatibility.

Solution
That CPU is compatible with that motherboard.
As far as....did you make an OK choice....I'm not a motherboard guru...but I'm running three ASUS motherboards right now...and I run ASUS because I've had better luck with ASUS than anyone else.
As far as....did you make an OK choice....I'm not a motherboard guru...but I'm running three ASUS motherboards right now...and I run ASUS because I've had better luck with ASUS than anyone else.

Solution

airjocky2

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
Good to know! Thanks! Is there much of a difference between this and the Z490 I was originally planning on purchasing? Besides price. I hope I didn’t end up wasting money on a more expensive board that’s not much different