[SOLVED] Thoughts on Case Fan Locations

jtpark

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2010
I have a Lian Li Lancool 205 case that I am building. I have two Corsair ML140 fans that I plan on placing, one at the lower front panel (intake) and one at the rear top (exhaust). In addition, I am adding a Noctua D15S dissipate air to the rear of the case.

I am thinking that a traditional rear fan isn't necessary since hot air will be pushing towards the back and a single exhaust fan at the top would take care of any rising hot air out of the case. Am I incorrect in my thinking here?

Any suggestions/thoughts would be apprciated. Thank you!

ELSFWOv.png

Solution
I have a Lian Li Lancool 205 case that I am building. I have two Corsair ML140 fans that I plan on placing, one at the lower front panel (intake) and one at the rear top (exhaust). In addition, I am adding a Noctua D15S dissipate air to the rear of the case.

I am thinking that a traditional rear fan isn't necessary since hot air will be pushing towards the back and a single exhaust fan at the top would take care of any rising hot air out of the case. Am I incorrect in my thinking here?

ELSFWOv.png
I would move the front fan that came with the case to the top back and add the 2 X 140mm to the front. Leave the rear fan installed.

The 140mm...

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador

ELSFWOv.png
I would move the front fan that came with the case to the top back and add the 2 X 140mm to the front. Leave the rear fan installed.

The 140mm fans move more air and should give you a bit of positive pressure.

It would be similar to my setup.
View: https://imgur.com/IHdk5FV

Solution