Question Thoughts on EVGA Supernova 1600 G+ PSU For My System

braxus

Honorable
Jan 1, 2018
Im currently running a EVGA Supernova G6 750 PSU, but I want to update my system, so I can move up to a Ryzen 7950X cpu. I also plan on getting the Nvidia 4070 or 4080 GPU, and I have several cards, drives, etc in my system. So going to the 1600 watt PSU would future proof the system, and have plenty of reserve. I also heard both the CPU and GPU I chose need a lot of wattage to run as well. So I chose the EVGA as listed above. Will this PSU be a good match for the Ryzen system? Im doing 8K video rendering using Adobe Premiere Pro, and also 8K up-rezzes on my system with Topaz, which really tax the capability of the CPU/GPU. It took 30 hours to uprez a 5K video to 8K using Topaz AI Video with my current system, so Im looking to cut down on the time with the upgrades. My memory for the new system will also be Corsair 5200 DDR5 64GB.

Any comments? The EVGA 1600 Gold G+ PSU seems to be a good compromise between performance and price. I dont really want to have to spend 700 bucks on a PSU, if I can get away with a Gold+ rated version for less, but still retain what is needed for my system.