thoughts on my first pc build?

waste of money on 3rd party cooler and thermal paste, B450 MB is good enough, 3200 ram is better to have, rgb is your thing I guess?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor ($159.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard ($127.77 @ OutletPC)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($145.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Team - T-FORCE DELTA RGB 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($54.99 @ Newegg Business)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($42.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8GB FTW ULTRA SILENT GAMING Video Card ($394.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Thermaltake - View 32 RGB TG ATX Mid Tower Case ($89.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Thermaltake - Toughpower Grand RGB Sync Edition 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($88.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $1105.48
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-31 23:43 EDT-0400

It's always good to have extra thermal paste. Cooler installation doesn't always go perfectly the first time. MX-4 is the best.

*Further opinion: I like the original build. I'm not a fan of that cooler though. I'd rather have a ~$68 Noctua. A better GPU would be nice, but with the higher-quality parts you've got I wouldn't' say you have to change anything else. Good quality all-around except the cooler.

adonadonadonadon

Reputable
Oct 31, 2018

isnt the cooler needed though or does the it come included with the motherboard?

MERGED QUESTION
Question from adonadonadonadon : "thoughts on my first pc build?"

adonadonadonadon, SSD's are for OS and apps that you would like for them to load quickly while a HDD is for storage. Otherwise you going to run out of space PDQ.

adonadonadonadon

Reputable
Oct 31, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from adonadonadonadon : "please help me ;-;"

Okay well hello, i was picking parts out for my new pc build and originally for the motherboard i was going with a gigabyte x470 aorus gaming pro but i had heard that it had a messy bios, mind you i dont have any intention on overclocking or anything since this is gonna be my first time building a pc, i changed my motherboard decision to a MSI - X370 XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM ATX AM4 Motherboard but when i selected it i got a compatibility error saying "Some AMD X370 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Pinnacle Ridge CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS revisions" could you explain to me what this means please also the full parts list is here https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gmzPcY

If you need a bios update to be compatible with 2nd-gen Ryzen, then you will literally have to have a 1st-gen Ryzen CPU on-hand to install and update the bios. In other words, if all you have is an X370 + Ryzen 5 2600 and the motherboard requires a bios update, you can't use it. You would need a different CPU.

Avoid that and get an X470 instead of an X370. Or B450 instead of B350.