Thoughts on my next build

bootnba

Prominent
Mar 21, 2017
Looking for comments/suggestions from people much smarter than me (which is most of you) for my new gaming rig (that I want to last for a long time, here is what I have come up with.

- Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 NVIDIA Limited Edition
- ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero Motherboard
- Be Quiet! Pure Power 9 700W CM Power Supply
- Intel Core i7 7700K
- Corsair Hydro Series H100i 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler
- Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK32GX4M2A2400C14R 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 Red
- Samsung 960 EVO NVMe M.2 500GB SSD
- Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Founders Edition 11GB
- Pioneer BDR-209DBKS Black 16x Blu-Ray Writer
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home 32bit/64bit USB Flash Drive

Anything you would recommend to swap out/change/not recommend etc?

Thanks for any suggestions

CRO5513Y

Expert
Ambassador
Looks good to me. First i recommend waiting for the aftermarket GTX 1080 Ti since they are cheaper, faster, cooler and look better (depending on the version), i believe they should be coming next week or at least within the next 2. Secondly, if you are just gaming 16GB of faster RAM would be better than 32GB of slower (you have 2400 MHz kit) but if you are doing some workstation software and rendering/editing you may benefit from 32GB. Finally, make sure you have enough storage for everything as you only have the one 500GB SSD. Perhaps add a 1/2TB HDD for bulk storage or even a nice SSHD if you have the higher budget but overall i assume you know how much storage you need so it's your choice. Hope this helps :)

few changes :
y an expensive mobo like the maximus? planning on some extreme oc'ing? if so fine. or get the asrock fatality gaming 5
go for evga g2/g3 or seasonic g 80+ gold 650w psu. pure power 9 is not exactly top of the line.
get the h100iv2 y the older one?
and s wait for the after market coolers. they would have better clock speeds and thermals.

or u can get the founders card and water cool both cpu n gpu with swiftech h320x and their waterblocks for 1080ti ;)