[SOLVED] thoughts on the MSI Codex Z pre-built being sold by Costco

Solution
I wouldn't know if a better deal is out there. I don't look at prebuilds. It's probably the best way to get a normal price gpu though. I think you cansign up with some manufacturers and get in on their lottery. Msrp is what you'll pay. But from what I've heard you'll be waiting a long time.

At this point of go second hand. Get everything new, then get the best gpu you can give. The other day on my Facebook markets place i saw a gtx970 for $200. That's more than its worth, but at least you'll be gaming at 1080 without spending $400-500.

jacopley

Commendable
Nov 30, 2018
I would argue it's way oct priced. But i refuse to accept the new gpu prices. It has a two gen old midrange gpu. I would want more for $1k.

yeah problem is, right now, there really isn't much out there "pre-built" for under $1K available for shipping in the next couple of weeks that's comparable (especially from a GPU / RAM / HD perspective)... or is there??

jacopley

Commendable
Nov 30, 2018

4745454b

Titan
I wouldn't know if a better deal is out there. I don't look at prebuilds. It's probably the best way to get a normal price gpu though. I think you cansign up with some manufacturers and get in on their lottery. Msrp is what you'll pay. But from what I've heard you'll be waiting a long time.

At this point of go second hand. Get everything new, then get the best gpu you can give. The other day on my Facebook markets place i saw a gtx970 for $200. That's more than its worth, but at least you'll be gaming at 1080 without spending $400-500.

Solution