[SOLVED] Thoughts on the Phanteks Eclipse P400A case?

Jul 26, 2021
Pretty self-explanatory based on the title, but basically I am building a new system and am thinking about going with this case for the build. It will have an 240mm CPU AIO in it, but GPU will almost certainly be air-cooled. I checked reviews and looked into some popular tech reviewers that all gave this case pretty good ratings, but still figured I'd ask anyways.

I think the case is gorgeous and from what I can tell, should be plenty big and have good air flow.

Thoughts? Any issues that any of y'all have had with this case or have heard of from friends/clients who have had this case?

Thanks!

Solution
I purchased a P400, pretty much based on looks alone. It has exceptional ergo/placement, good velcro tie downs, just a really well thought out interior, and well finished. The single issue that I ended up having was heat. The solid front panel did not allow proper air flow.

I ordered the mesh front and added it to my case after the A designation came out. I currently have an x370/2700x with GTX1080, both 3.5 drive caddy, both 2.5 drive slots. I am using a 240 AIO front mounted pushing through the rad, have another 120 fan mounted below. I had to remove a bracket on the basement and drive caddy area for the fan to fit. It provides fresh air to the GPU and cools the two 3.5 drives there. I have a 120 in back and two 120 top mounted all...

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
I purchased a P400, pretty much based on looks alone. It has exceptional ergo/placement, good velcro tie downs, just a really well thought out interior, and well finished. The single issue that I ended up having was heat. The solid front panel did not allow proper air flow.

I ordered the mesh front and added it to my case after the A designation came out. I currently have an x370/2700x with GTX1080, both 3.5 drive caddy, both 2.5 drive slots. I am using a 240 AIO front mounted pushing through the rad, have another 120 fan mounted below. I had to remove a bracket on the basement and drive caddy area for the fan to fit. It provides fresh air to the GPU and cools the two 3.5 drives there. I have a 120 in back and two 120 top mounted all on exhaust. It has the Corsair 750 (?IIRC) gold in the basement, and there is a filter mounted for bottom pull on that.

The case has some case controlled RGB that you can use. It's meh, but not what I bought the case for. It's easy to install in, pretty easy to work with on parts replacements as I am on my third iteration of Ryzen systems in it. With the mesh front and AIO on a custom (quiet) fan curve I rarely see the CPU hit 60. The GPU cools as desired with max temps typically in the low to mid 70's.

The only thing I would mention as a real negative, and don't know if they even do this any longer. The one I have has an acrylic side panel "glass" and they also offer(ed) one with actual glass. I don 't know which way that went, but of course acrylic you have to be super careful not to scratch.

Reactions: MDtoBe
Solution
Jul 26, 2021

I ordered the mesh front and added it to my case after the A designation came out. I currently have an x370/2700x with GTX1080, both 3.5 drive caddy, both 2.5 drive slots. I am using a 240 AIO front mounted pushing through the rad, have another 120 fan mounted below. I had to remove a bracket on the basement and drive caddy area for the fan to fit. It provides fresh air to the GPU and cools the two 3.5 drives there. I have a 120 in back and two 120 top mounted all on exhaust. It has the Corsair 750 (?IIRC) gold in the basement, and there is a filter mounted for bottom pull on that.

The case has some case controlled RGB that you can use. It's meh, but not what I bought the case for. It's easy to install in, pretty easy to work with on parts replacements as I am on my third iteration of Ryzen systems in it. With the mesh front and AIO on a custom (quiet) fan curve I rarely see the CPU hit 60. The GPU cools as desired with max temps typically in the low to mid 70's.

The only thing I would mention as a real negative, and don't know if they even do this any longer. The one I have has an acrylic side panel "glass" and they also offer(ed) one with actual glass. I don 't know which way that went, but of course acrylic you have to be super careful not to scratch.

Thanks a lot!