Question Thoughts on upgrading

xerocool83

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2006
Greetings Folks,

Was hoping I could get some of the professional to help me choose the best path forward. I currently have a GE65 Raider 9SF and am looking to upgrade to something similar (heavy gaming). I plan to give my current laptop to my son so we can play games now and when I am deployed/traveling. So really two questions I need help with:
1. Between now and NOV24 is there a best time to buy (i.e. is there going to be a drop in price soon due to a new tech coming out)
2. Will I see that much difference between the GE65 that I have a new laptop (with details below)

1. What is your budget?
Around 2500 though able to go higher if the juice is worth the squeeze (I imagine not though)

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
I don't mind larger laptops, when I'm home I plan to hook it up to a monitor/dock/cooling station
3. What screen resolution do you want?
Not a big concern for me. 1920 or 3440
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

5. How much battery life do you need?
Plan to keep it plugged in
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so, then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low, Medium or High)?
Yeah gaming. Not currently playing anything that too taxing (Valheim, Satisfactory, Scum). Hope it play BG3 and Frostpunk 2 without issues
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
work things, e-mails, excel, PowerPoints, etc.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
.5-1TB, mostly for not requiring games to be deleted and redownloaded.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Not really, maybe Amazon to use gift cards
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
4-5 years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
none
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
No loyalty
13. What country do you live in?
USA!
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

See above.

Thanks for your help.

X