THQ Humble Bundle Breaks $4.4M Mark, Adds New Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

fyend

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
Disgraceful that a company who grossed over a billion $ not that many years ago and has now been run into the verge of bankruptcy due to poor management would be allowed to sell their games through a system intended for indie developers. I hope 100% of payments went to the charity and the humble guys and nothing went to THQ.

deftonian

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
It's an amazing deal. Even though you have people who hate Steam, you can't go wrong to donate a measly $6.00 and get all of those games. Metro 2033 is more than worth the $6.00 already. It's a win-win situation.... wish there was more like this. I'm not into Indie games like the bundle usually includes so I was happy to jump on this quick when it released.

Prince_Porter

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
Even if you hate THQ for whatever reason, this is an amazing opportunity. If you give the money to THQ, thousands of developers keep their jobs. If you give to humble or charity, that speaks for itself.

I personally gave 10% to Humble, 10% to THQ, and 80% to charity, but fully support any and all spread, as all parties involved are great.

Warsaw

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008
This is for a great cause, I'm not saying that publishers aren't dirty. But as far as they go I'd trust THQ before most of the rest. We, as PC gamers (or whomever is a PC gamer here) should all fully support a publisher who will actually MAKE PC games, though some may be ports at times. I had a ridiculously fun time with Titan Quest, Metro 2033 was an awesome looking game with depth, Darksiders was a whole new type of action/rpg which had a great story (IMO anyways).

I'm one who does pirate from time to time, but then again ANY of you naysayers, if you think pirates do not purchase games I'd be a shining example of one who purchases games more than probably 90% of the population. I scoff at that remark that people say pirates do not buy games. That is just pathetic since you do not think through it or understand them, also due to your inability to think beyond simple means. I have well over 400 games on Steam (yes, I do get deals, but I do buy games at full price from time to time), I have had EVERY system since NES. So I do support developers and the like, but the main thing to always remember is usually people pirate due to not having the money. I was much much younger when I played some of their older games, and guess what? Now I have the means to pay prices of games and multiple games at that.

I for one support THQ and hopefully keep them on track with developing for the PC. Let's stay alive and bring PC to the end-all be-all of gaming like it once was. There is no other system I enjoy more than PC, you just don't get the same variety and openness as PC.

Teeroy32

Distinguished
May 23, 2011
I finished Metro 2033 last night and I have to say the $13 bucks I paid was worth it for that game alone. Now I have all these other goodies to play as well, especially Saint's Row 3 and one of my all time favorite RTS games Warhammer now, I only ever played my mates copy back in the day but I loved it, now I got my own copy to kill a lot of hours on

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
[citation][nom]fyend[/nom]Disgraceful that a company who grossed over a billion $ not that many years ago and has now been run into the verge of bankruptcy due to poor management would be allowed to sell their games through a system intended for indie developers. I hope 100% of payments went to the charity and the humble guys and nothing went to THQ.[/citation]

Get off your high horse, already.

fandroid

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2011
[citation][nom]Darkerson[/nom]Get off your high horse, already.[/citation]
Zip it Brian Farrell. This is clearly a last ditch effort to scrape some golden parachute money for the exec team before the company closes down.

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]esrever[/nom]most people don't seem very humble with an average price of $5.69.[/citation]
With other bundles OS X users pay 1.5x Windows prices on average. Linux users pay 2x or more.

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Hard to believe some people are donating over 1000$. I put 25$, I don't even know if I'll play the games. I already bought Titan Quest a long time ago. I'm sure many people are buying the bundle even if they already have many of those games or don't plan on playing them. It's a good cause.

zakaron

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011
I thought this was already an incredible offer, but now they include more! Can't wait to get home and start downloading. I feel this deal is worth even more than my original $20 donation.

pliskin1

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
At this point THQ is a charity, i'll be donating at least $10 for my bundle. Then probably a few more over the average for Christmas gifts.

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
[citation][nom]fyend[/nom]Disgraceful that a company who grossed over a billion $ not that many years ago and has now been run into the verge of bankruptcy due to poor management would be allowed to sell their games through a system intended for indie developers. I hope 100% of payments went to the charity and the humble guys and nothing went to THQ.[/citation]

$3 to Humble bundle

$10 to THQ

$7 to charity

U mad?

Status
Not open for further replies.