THQ is No More, Assets Have Been Sold Off

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

abbadon_34

Distinguished
Wow, they really broke it up, I honesly expected most the big titles to go together. I wonder if Crytek will "finish" Homefront in the RED DAWN vein (and writer) that it started with. That was pretty much the only selling point it had.

darth pravus

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
[citation][nom]Kami3k[/nom]Yes because they ruined the Total War series....I see someone isn't an actual RTS fan.[/citation]

Agreed. They have done a great job with it. Super excited about rome. Sega don't seem to interfere too much. Total war 40k would be a great game made by the right people

darth pravus

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
[citation][nom]captainblacko[/nom]Didn't they start development on a lord of the rings total war or was that a mod i saw else where??[/citation]

Third age mod for medieval kingdoms expansion. Really very in depth mod

odiervr

Honorable
May 1, 2012
RIP.

"On May 10, 2007, THQ reported its highest annual sales figures and net profits ever for the fiscal year which ended March 31. THQ's revenues reached over $1 billion." - wiki

So ... in 5 years you can run a billion dollar company into the ground.

Note to self - need to pay bills (Uncle Sam) :)

Fingers still crossed on COH 2 !!!!

oxiide

Distinguished
[citation][nom]abbadon_34[/nom]Wow, they really broke it up, I honesly expected most the big titles to go together. I wonder if Crytek will "finish" Homefront in the RED DAWN vein (and writer) that it started with. That was pretty much the only selling point it had.[/citation]
Agreed.. I loved Homefront's premise and storyline, but it was about the worst of the samey military FPS games we've had. Crytek has a history of, if not amazing, at least unique and interesting shooters so I'm curious what they do with it. It can only be better than Homefront 1 was, anyway.

Northwestern

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
This company made many of the games that defined my childhood. Especially most of the WWF/WWE games they produced. I hope the best for the future of these games.

G

A few words to each of the following:

To Sega - Homeworld 3. As a side note Creative Assembly needs to make "US Congress: Total War"

To Koch Media - Freespace 3

To Crytek - Homefront had an interesting premise but was poorly executed. Make Homefront in the open world style of Far Cry and Crysis (certainly not Crysis 2) with a less cliched characters and it'll be a winner.

G

Thats what they get for rushing "Frontline: Fuel of War" out before the developers had finished it. I never bought another THQ product after that.

HappyBB

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2008
I deeply regret giving my money to THQ during the THQ Humble Bundle game sales! I should have given all the money to charity and the company that hosted the sales! Sigh...

Status
Not open for further replies.