[SOLVED] Threadripper-not running great

Dec 18, 2018
ive been having issues with this build that we worked very hard getting gigabyte parts for, and it all runs on a ryzen threadripper. when playing fortnite-pubg- or probably alot of new games i go from over 100 frames to 45-60 frames then right back up to 100+frames. this problems is common and frequent. making those games kinda feel unplayable. you dont want to gunfight with that happening to your frames. it may even do so in world of warcraft, though poker and wow run best. i have a 3440x1440 display. 100ghz but overclock can do 120ghz.
so what do i need to do to G-sync, V-sync, G-fource exp. - BIOS. im new at PC's so to get this crazy build and not know what todo with it has made last 2 months pretty frustrating. i keep telling all i know that "I NEED a PC Expert" ima need someone familiar with the new parts, shouldnt this threadripper still be able to game great? do i HAVE to do the SLI for my big display? i do have the second GPU its just sitting in the drawer under the PC (small case) gonna get a new case...but i want this to run NOW b4 i get the case
OH! (ps) Gskill 32gigs (2x16 gig ramz) Gskill ty if anyone can figure this out, im lost

Solution
What thread ripper? Thread rippers aren’t really meant for gaming but are focused on workstation tasks. If your monitor supports g-sync I would enable if you have a Nvidia gpu. If you have an AMD gpu enable free sync on your monitor if possible.
Turn vsync on and make sure drivers are installed.
Try using HWmonitor or hwinfo to see the usages and temps while gaming because it could be thermal throttle(not likely).

winks42

Respectable
What thread ripper? Thread rippers aren’t really meant for gaming but are focused on workstation tasks. If your monitor supports g-sync I would enable if you have a Nvidia gpu. If you have an AMD gpu enable free sync on your monitor if possible.
Turn vsync on and make sure drivers are installed.
Try using HWmonitor or hwinfo to see the usages and temps while gaming because it could be thermal throttle(not likely).

Solution