Three Lawsuits Launched Against Intel Over ‘Defective Chips’

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thuck777

Prominent
Jan 12, 2018
I am not willing to sacrifice the kind of performance noted for my Windows 7 laptop running a Sandy Bridge i7 CPU. That is stupid, especially given that there really is NO threat. Now that so many systems are going to be updated, there is little reason for any scumbags to try to exploit these vulnerabilities, IMO. From my perspective, the cure is far worse than the disease, especially on older hardware / OS combinations. It just is not worth it. So, I believe Microsoft should make a way to have these patches be OPTIONAL and AVOIDABLE and UNINSTALLABLE. This is crap!

mikeynavy1976

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007

I know a lot of people agree with you but this is the legal system we have. It would only take one incident and the same lawyers going after Intel would happily look for another pay day against Microsoft. Besides, even if the current update was optional, you'd still get it during the next major update (e.g. Fall, Creators, etc.) unless you intend to stop accepting those updates as well.

valeman2012

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2012

Unconstitutional behavior of Intel knowing it for probably years...put defective CPU products on the stores ...sell stocks...wait till someone finds out..

Status
Not open for further replies.