Three UK to Offer 4G to Customers for Free

Status
Not open for further replies.

grantwar

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012
Finally! A network that's actually offering a service which isn't ridiculously overpriced.

The current 3G data prices are high, but within reason... 4G data bundles on EE are just ludicrously overpriced, and to be honest, up until this announcement I haven't thought of 4G as a viable service due to this issue.

Grandmastersexsay

Honorable
May 16, 2013
That's how all the cell phone carriers in the U.S. operate.

Btw, that is a ridiculously misleading title. Their 4G rates will be the same as the 3G, which is not free. I suppose I wouldn't have read an appropriately titled article, so job well done.

irish_adam

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010

the title isnt really misleading, admittedly they probably should have said existing customers but the fact is that if you have an LTE phone and a three contract you dont have to do or pay anything to get 4G which sounds like free to me

womble

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
Will be interesting to see if the fifteen pounds a month all you can eat data on PAYG works. 300 minutes, thousands of texts and unlimited 4G data for that monthly sum sounds very good in comparison to the others. Mind you, their coverage can be very patchy. Fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.