[SOLVED] throttlestop wont run because mfc120u.dll is "missing"

jbaker22

Honorable
Sep 22, 2013
Hello,
I have a fresh install of windows 7 pro sp1 with all of the latest drivers and visual c++ redistributed 2013; and I even have verified that mfc120u.dll is in system32. I am getting an error from throttlestop 8.70.6 (the latest) that I am missing mfc120u.dll though. How do I get this app to run?

Solution
Hello,
I have a fresh install of windows 7 pro sp1 with all of the latest drivers and visual c++ redistributed 2013; and I even have verified that mfc120u.dll is in system32. I am getting an error from throttlestop 8.70.6 (the latest) that I am missing mfc120u.dll though. How do I get this app to run?

It might be looking for the 64-bit version of the file; make sure you installed BOTH the 32 and 64-bit versions of the redistributable package. (Assuming your on a 64-bit OS).

If that doesn't work, copy the file (whichever one the program needs) into the programs .exe directory.
Hello,

It might be looking for the 64-bit version of the file; make sure you installed BOTH the 32 and 64-bit versions of the redistributable package. (Assuming your on a 64-bit OS).

If that doesn't work, copy the file (whichever one the program needs) into the programs .exe directory.

Reactions: Satan-IR
Solution

jbaker22

Honorable
Sep 22, 2013

Thanks, but I am not sure that is the issue. I took a ssd with windows 8.1 and put it in my laptop, and it ran. I discovered that I am not able to undervolt a 3rd gen i5 mobile with this.